4.0.4 updat, just got it!

dino_squirrel

May 17, 2011
Visit site
and I can't stand it. Talk about ing a fast phone! All these BS screen animations literally, add minutes at the end of the day.

1) Does anyone know how to turn off EVERY animation? It adds about 1.2 seconds to the keyboard when typing, and adds MORE time when hiding the keyboard.

2) flash video no longer works, all videos want to download. Can't play a single one in the web browser.

3) sprint installer - crashes ALL the time, just like it did for the last update for the Galaxy S, epic.

4) phone is rather laggy now. Button presses register, START the new window process, but hang for about a second. The copy and past menu is now a complex puzzle leaving you guessing. A check mark, something like looks like a clipboard, and other things - No easy way to copy anymore.

I can't be the only one who is rather irritated.

There are other thing that are GOOD improvements and I was happy to see I got it, and exited to see the changes. After a day with the new layout I was not happy.

Oh, one GREAT improvement - FINALLY! - a COMPLETE silence option on the phone.

Help with number one on the list is top priority.

Thanks all.

uhupong

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
1) Does anyone know how to turn off EVERY animation? It adds about 1.2 seconds to the keyboard when typing, and adds MORE time when hiding the keyboard.

Go to developer option and set it to your liking

2) flash video no longer works, all videos want to download. Can't play a single one in the web browser.

Perfectly fine on mine

3) sprint installer - crashes ALL the time, just like it did for the last update for the Galaxy S, epic.

???

4) phone is rather laggy now. Button presses register, START the new window process, but hang for about a second. The copy and past menu is now a complex puzzle leaving you guessing. A check mark, something like looks like a clipboard, and other things - No easy way to copy anymore.

Nothing on mine

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cgwilly

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
and I can't stand it. Talk about ing a fast phone! All these BS screen animations literally, add minutes at the end of the day.

I can't be the only one who is rather irritated.

There are other thing that are GOOD improvements and I was happy to see I got it, and exited to see the changes. After a day with the new layout I was not happy.

Oh, one GREAT improvement - FINALLY! - a COMPLETE silence option on the phone.

Help with number one on the list is top priority.

Thanks all.

WoW!!!!! One hell of a first post m8!?!?

Here's your fix.... Odin back to EL29.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

dino_squirrel

May 17, 2011
Visit site
WoW!!!!! One hell of a first post m8!?!?

Here's your fix.... Odin back to EL29.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

Ha, thanks - I try to be "epic" (to use the parlance of our times). I really do need to root. I'll do some research and see what the difference is, but honestly, I would rather have the old ROM back and rooted. Get rid of bloatware and be happy.

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
If you do a quick search on here for el29 Odin... Then you can blast your way back to the old version, losing data and apps though. I liked ics, but wanted more! I went to a custom ROM and said screw the warranty text lol. I LOVE my phone more than I ever had before.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89