Can't make receive calls/texts without reboot

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe that this only started since ICS, but am not sure. I have the latest update. Sometimes I cannot make a call or receive calls or texts. When I try to dial, it just sits there and you don't hear a ringing or anything (I have all or almost all bars and am in a good coverage area). I turn off the phone and back on, and it is fine. Then I receive all my texts. I've received up to 35 at one time after the reboot. Needless to say, it is extremely annoying.

Any one else experiencing this?

I am running the stock ROM and it is rooted.

MiPod

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I am experiencing exactly the same phenomenon on my HTC EVO V 4G (Virgin Mobile) which is the same device as the HTC EVO 3D (Sprint) running ICS & HTC Sense over Sprint CDMA & Clear Wimax. Stock ROM, unrooted. Virgin Mobile Tech Support says it's aware of the issue & has an advisory from Sprint that "HTC is working on a solution" which it will issue as a software update. Not sure I believe that.

Rebooting works as you've experienced, as does updating the profile which takes less time. I was also told by Virgin the condition could be cleared by dialing ##CLEAR# & resetting. I haven't tried that for fear it might mess things up. I'm running 150 apps or so.

Sorry if this is not relevant to your Samsung Galaxy issue or doesn't belong here in this forum, but it may be as we are both on the Sprint network running ICS.

Please advise if you or anyone else has resolved the issue. Thanks.