Sprint Releases Jelly Bean Today!

tonylmiller

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with kies? It downloads the update thrn closes and dose nothing, needless to say its as bad as itunes imo.

Btw im trying to update a boosr mobile version, kies is crap so far any other ways?

[Update] im gonna take it by a sprint store, kies is a pos. Hopefully the sprint store can update it for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Same for me. It is a shame that Kies is such crap. I am downloading the simple installer now.

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Really liking it so far.

However, haptic feedback seems to be greatly decreased when I'm responding to a text message. I went into settings and put it to max. If I click on the home, menu, back, or search buttons its much more pronounced than if I'm responding to at text. Is there another setting somewhere other than in the 'sound' settings?

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I got the message that it is available on vm yesterday. Haven't switched yet, and won't till all the bugs are worked out. Liking my rooted ICS.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Android Central Forums

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I got the message that it is available on vm yesterday. Haven't switched yet, and won't till all the bugs are worked out. Liking my rooted ICS.

Non-rooted JB is better than rooted ICS IMO. Plus, you can always root the JB.

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
different cables, different ports, same results. ugh.

i am guessing i am the only one having this problem. it must be something with my computer :eek:/

Last edited:

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Got the text yesterday that jellybean is available on VM! Might just be select hand sets. My buddy has the HTC Evo 4g and said he didn't get a text from VM about it. Hmmm.

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Is it? I thought I would go through and see how many people have what bad things to say about it first. My only problem with ICS is bad battery drain! I am on it a bit throughout the day (interwebs) and I only get 1 our 2 bars at home but I turn off 3g and turn on wi-fi at home. All I have to go by is my old phone (VM LG Optimus Elite) that got amazingly slow drain time. Sites this look ok? http://i.imgur.com/W2cUEgh.png

gencoabandando

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a gs2 on sprint. She has not received the update to jb yet. We have a chrome book and not a windows device. How can I update her phone to jb?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I used the simple download tool today and went pretty smoothly. Lost my weather widget, and all of my ringtones were gone not a big deal to fix. I did the download about 1pm today and all is working fine. Can't say on battery yet, but I usually had pretty strong battery even on ICS. I'm pretty happy with the way it is working right now.

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just attempted to update from GB08 to this latest version and Kies gave me some message is another language... (Korean?) and wouldn't complete the update. Will I have to roll back to OTA ICS to do this update?

Last edited:

John Killian

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Back up what you want to keep! In my experience, I updated on 4/4. USB and SD cards both unrecognized, had to reformat. About 1 in 10 times still finds internal USB unrecognized, reboot fixes it. Battery consumption is awful. Built in power management does not work, Go battery ineffective. Going to try Juice Defender and see what happens.

kb64

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
As I stated in an earlier post had to redo my ringtones and reinstall weather app. Also had to redo my alarm clock settings. Right now my battery sits at 84% (since 6am) and I believe all other issues are resolved. So far this is a good solid upgrade, but I don't see anything that is jaw-dropping. Maybe time will tell.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using GB EK02. Is it worth going to JB? (really)
Seems like every other update had nothing but issues.
Its only been out a couple days so I'm wondering is it really worth it yet.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using GB EK02. Is it worth going to JB? (really)
Seems like every other update had nothing but issues.
Its only been out a couple days so I'm wondering is it really worth it yet.

Yup it's a good update and way better than ICS. IMHO phone is snappy fast and doesn't lag like ICS. BTW I stopped by my local Sprint store here in Honolulu, HI and was told they won't do the update.....they don't wanna be responsible for any mishaps....said the phone specs aren't equipped to handle JB.....told the dude LOL! sure cause you just want people to buy new more expensive phones....the dude laughed.....

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Updated my TMO GS2 to jelly bean today and I have 3 questions for sprint gs2 users.
1. Do you guys have face unlock or is it just me who don't have it?
2. Do you guys have task manager widget? Because I can't find it on my TMO GS2.
3. Do you guys have a feature called "Smart Stay"? Again, I can't find this on my TMO GS2 w/ Jelly Bean
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch