Phone responding to texts randomly and talking to me

WD93Xx

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
hi i use a spring galaxy s3 and my mom has the galaxy s2. she is not good with technology so she pretty much only uses it for email and texting. today while eating dinner her phone was sitting right next to her and all of the sudden the phone lit up, automatically entered the passcode, and then said "I have no friends. All of my beliefs come from my creator" and then locked itself again. when it was unlocked it was on the home screen if that helps. also whenever she gets a text her phone automatically responds to the sender with a message saying "Google." it started today and i have not been able to replicate the problem. she has not opened any strange emails in the past week and has not used the web browser in the entire life of the phone. any help or ideas would be great. iv searched and have found no similar posts and im trying to avoid a factory reset.

isidro7181

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
hi i use a spring galaxy s3 and my mom has the galaxy s2. she is not good with technology so she pretty much only uses it for email and texting. today while eating dinner her phone was sitting right next to her and all of the sudden the phone lit up, automatically entered the passcode, and then said "I have no friends. All of my beliefs come from my creator" and then locked itself again. Iwhen it was unlocked it was on the home screen if that helps. also whenever she gets a text her phone automatically responds to the sender with a message saying "Google." it started today and i have not been able to replicate the problem. she has not opened any strange emails in the past week and has not used the web browser in the entire life of the phone. any help or ideas would be great. iv searched and have found no similar posts and im trying to avoid a factory reset.

Try asking the phone nicely to stop :)

WD93Xx

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
This is a pretty sad attempt at trolling. Step up your game and then come back and try again.

I'm not a troller I'm being 100% serious. Earlier I send my mom a text asking the date of an appointment I have and it responded with "you?" She didn't send that text.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a troller I'm being 100% serious. Earlier I send my mom a text asking the date of an appointment I have and it responded with "you?" She didn't send that text.

There's really only two things here that I can see this being. 1. You're a troll, and not a good one. 2. Your mom didn't tell you all the details and she has managed to download some kind of crazy a s s virus to the phone that is controlling the speech portions of the phone as well as the text response.

Option 1 seems more likely.

WD93Xx

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
im guessing its a virus. i have better things to do than mess with people i dont know. IF it is a virus of some sort is there any way i can go about removing it? all of her running/downloaded applications are just normal apps and there is no battery drain or excessive ram usage so if it is a virus thats very strange.

WD93Xx

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
iv already tried avast avg and norton with no success. what really confuses me is why the phone responds to texts. it responds with a one word answer followed with a punctuation mark ie. "Google." or "Thanks?"

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana