Stolen Sprint android

Randall Jordan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
First off, let me say that I wasn't receiving Sprint service at the time my Galaxy S2 was stolen (I hadn't paid the bill). Will Sprint still list my phone as stolen?

Also, I did not write down my phone's information (IMEI or ESN); and since the phone is no longer activated for Sprint service, Sprint.com won't list that information for me (I have to put in my phone number, but it isn't active and is thus not recognized). I once pawned my phone (at a pawn shop) and the pawn broken copied a "SN" off of the box that the phone came in and put it on the pawn ticket. Is that "SN" the ESN?

What can I do?

If the "SN" is the ESN, is there some way that the phone's whereabouts might be determined if and when it's signal is broadcasted?

As always, any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
First off, let me say that I wasn't receiving Sprint service at the time my Galaxy S2 was stolen (I hadn't paid the bill). Will Sprint still list my phone as stolen?

Also, I did not write down my phone's information (IMEI or ESN); and since the phone is no longer activated for Sprint service, Sprint.com won't list that information for me (I have to put in my phone number, but it isn't active and is thus not recognized). I once pawned my phone (at a pawn shop) and the pawn broken copied a "SN" off of the box that the phone came in and put it on the pawn ticket. Is that "SN" the ESN?

What can I do?

If the "SN" is the ESN, is there some way that the phone's whereabouts might be determined if and when it's signal is broadcasted?

As always, any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Welcome to the forums. I think Sprint will still probably blacklist the device, but sonce you hadn't kept up on the bill, the IMEI or ESN (or both) will be listed as bad, and the device will to a degree be useless.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just as Golfdriver said, it'll be blacklisted by Sprint. It'll still have some functionality with a WiFi connection. But outside of that, no mobile use, such as talk/text/web from the carrier.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana