HTC EVO 3D vs Samsung Galaxy S2 (Samsung Within)

HTC EVO 3D vs Samsung Within (Galaxy S2)

• Total voters

LDawg07

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Hey. When the Galaxy S2 goes to US carriers, I was wondering what do you guys think. The Evo 3d, or the Galaxy S2. Also, know as the Samsung within. Please help!

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Well being in the Galaxy SII thread I'm sure we can imagine what the outcome of that poll is going to look like. The majority of us here are going to suggest going to the Samsung, but that all depends on what one is looking for in a phone. List some of the things that are of importance in your phone and that might help with making your decision.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well being in the Galaxy SII thread I'm sure we can imagine what the outcome of that poll is going to look like. The majority of us here are going to suggest going to the Samsung, but that all depends on what one is looking for in a phone. List some of the things that are of importance in your phone and that might help with making your decision.

Presuming you are talking to me, both of these phones are both very powerful and both in my opinion practically have the same same features (don't care about 3D or resolution ; I won't be staring at a phone screen from 2 inches away). So that's why I want it if doesn't have the keyboard because I want a thin phone this time. Plus that browser's smooth and fluid movements are spectacular!

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Presuming you are talking to me, both of these phones are both very powerful and both in my opinion practically have the same same features (don't care about 3D or resolution ; I won't be staring at a phone screen from 2 inches away). So that's why I want it if doesn't have the keyboard because I want a thin phone this time. Plus that browser's smooth and fluid movements are spectacular!
Was pretty much meant for you and Liam along with being a little open ended or anybody else pondering the same phone decision. But yes, I see what you're saying, you make some valid points for what suits you. I suppose we will get some more info on the battery life of HTC's upcoming powerhouse because that's what made me the most curious, with and without 3D turned on. We shall see !

LDawg07

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I just want to run social media apps (youtube, facebook, twitter) ,text (i think the htc sense keyboard might be better), take good looking photos ( i dont care for 3d) web, play music, email, nice interface and be quick( i have a short temper)

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
In going within. I have an original evo and its nice...real nice but I don't care for 3D and u really like the gs2, and im not even a Sammy fan
Lol

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an Evo now and will probably get the Evo 3d just while I wait for the SG2. I'm thinking/hoping the re-sale value of the Evo 3d remains high

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting to see what configuration is offered by Sprint/Samsung for the Within. Among the decision points:
4G
SMR/CDMA.X
Keyboard (a la Epic)
Pricing
Release date

Last edited:

pachi72

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I hate HTC, they screw customers with their lack of 16gb internal storage and crappy camera lense they put on their phones..

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I hate HTC, they screw customers with their lack of 16gb internal storage and crappy camera lense they put on their phones..

Genuinely curious. What are you planning to do with the 16 GB that can't be done with 4 GB, given that they both can have 32 GB SD cards and that Android is set up to put it's media on the SD anyways?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My choice is going to come down to battery and camera performance. It looks like the S2 wins on battery. While I would love a dedicated camera button, if the pictures are better on the S2, it looks like I'll be waiting for Sprint to release it. From what I've read, the 1080p 30fps video on the S2 is amazing, and I don't think the 24fps 1080p on the E3D will be able to match it.

The only really thorny issue is one of availability. If the S2 is coming to Sprint in July, I can wait. But if the ship date is up in the air and the E3D is on the shelves, it's going to be very difficult to resist.

zak

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting to see what configuration is offered by Sprint/Samsung for the Within. Among the decision points:
4G - yes
SMR/CDMA.X - i think so
Keyboard (a la Epic) - no
Pricing - ?Release date - late july

answers in bold from what i've picked up in various google searches, none of this is set in stone