Rumor of the July 24th?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to a few friends that work for Sprint, they are getting told this by the managers. So good sign.. I will be getting one of these bad boys.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I am really looking forward to this phone. I was almost dead set on the 3d, but the more I read and watched about this phone (Within) the more it has won me over.

The S2 is much more powerful in the CPU/GPU catagory then the 3D unless benchmarks are lying of course. Screen also is just brilliant on it, even with the lesser resolution it doesn't matter.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The S2 is much more powerful in the CPU/GPU catagory then the 3D unless benchmarks are lying of course. Screen also is just brilliant on it, even with the lesser resolution it doesn't matter.

I want the SG2 over the Evo 3D but keep in mind that the screen resolution effects the benchmarsk allot so don't look to much into those benchmarks.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping this is true. I've pre-orded the Evo 3d but if I'm not happy with it then it would be nice to know I can still return it by the 24th and upgrade to the S2.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Was dead-set on the 3D for a couple of months, but seeing that the GSII might only be a month or so away I'll definitely wait it out for some Super-AMOLED sexiness....

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I want the SG2 over the Evo 3D but keep in mind that the screen resolution effects the benchmarsk allot so don't look to much into those benchmarks.

But also keep in mind that it won't be affecting it by a large margin. If you play PC games and are savvy with that hardware same goes for this. That is a small jump is resolution and shouldn't be losing by well over 1200 points. I can go from running 1280x720 on my gaming rig, to 1920x1080 and lose maybe 10fps, and that is a huge leap in resolution. So how I do agree the resolution is a factor, it isn't much of one. They have done independent benchmarks on the Orion chip and it was far more powerful then just about everything on the market on the GPU side. Plus with newer reviews showing new benchmarks with 2.3.3 with the Mali 400 on Galaxy S2 it's even much better. Previous benchmarks showed 2.3.1 with the beta drivers for it, but even then it was scoring high high numbers.

Last edited:

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
But also keep in mind that it won't be affecting it by a large margin. If you play PC games and are savvy with that hardware same goes for this. That is a small jump is resolution and shouldn't be losing by well over 1200 points. I can go from running 1280x720 on my gaming rig, to 1920x1080 and lose maybe 10fps, and that is a huge leap in resolution. So how I do agree the resolution is a factor, it isn't much of one. They have done independent benchmarks on the Orion chip and it was far more powerful then just about everything on the market on the GPU side. Plus with newer reviews showing new benchmarks with 2.3.3 with the Mali 400 on Galaxy S2 it's even much better. Previous benchmarks showed 2.3.1 with the beta drivers for it, but even then it was scoring high high numbers.

sweet, didn't know that, anyway the GS2 is almost the perfect phone the only thing its missing for me is a QHD display but I can deal without it I guess as long as I don't get used to it on the Evo 3D, until you use it you don't notice it but after you use a QHD display everything else is kind meeeh, but the GS2 has a ton of other stuff I'm all over so it will be well worth giving the Evo 3D to my wife and me getting the GS2 when it comes out.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The qhd display is okay.. its still not an amoled display though. Samsung has the best screens hands down.

yes amoled is awsome, but qhd and amoled have nothing to do with each other. One is screen type the other is screen pixels. I for one love more pixels and the ability to fit more stuff on my screen. I'm not trashing anything I'm just saying imagine if the GS2 was Amoled and QHD, yummi. I still can't wait to get it. I wish they could at least announce it.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
yes amoled is awsome, but qhd and amoled have nothing to do with each other. One is screen type the other is screen pixels. I for one love more pixels and the ability to fit more stuff on my screen. I'm not trashing anything I'm just saying imagine if the GS2 was Amoled and QHD, yummi. I still can't wait to get it. I wish they could at least announce it.

Bet you samsung makes a qhd super duper amoled plus next year ;)

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Dammit! I said that this was the only phone that would make me ditch my Nexus S if it came out but I didnt think it was going to happen or so soon! If Sprint doesnt change it or dumb it down and its identical to the Euro version, my Nexus might be for sale end of July.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress