S III extended battery performs great

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
On a whim, I decided to see what Gorilla Gadget has in the way of an extended battery for the S3. I had one for my Shift 4G and it was pretty good. Anyway, I got one; comes with matching back cover. Followed the instructions for prepping/conditioning it and I'm pleased to say it works great. For instance, I unplugged my charger yesterday morning, 10/18, at 9 a.m., and it's now 7:20 p.m. on 10/18. I am downloading the latest Facebook update and still have 3% left. This time has included heavy data use, numerous calls, downloads, etc. This is a 4500 mAh battery, and comes with the back to match your phone color (Marble White in my case); Blue, White, Red and Black. I paid $34.99 for mine. But I just checked the site and it's on sale right now for $19.99. So, if you need the extra battery life, I recommend you give it a try.

NOTE: Make sure you follow the instructions for conditioning the battery. Actually, you should follow their instructions for any new battery you use. But this is important to get the full advantage of the extended batteries.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about the one you were looking at. I don't think I would trust it though. All that for $9 is pretty unbelievable. The Gorilla Gadgets battery I have has proven itself to me. I had one in my old Shift 4G and it worked good too. The one I have now retails for $75, so it's a super deal at $19.99. By the way, it's now 8:18 p.m. and I still have 3% left, and I've been on Facebook for over 2 hours.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You've convinced me to shell out the $20. I just left my 2 spare batteries in seat 34A on a United flight from Vegas if someone should find them.:-\

Does this add a lot of bulk to the phone?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You've convinced me to shell out the $20. I just left my 2 spare batteries in seat 34A on a United flight from Vegas if someone should find them.:-\

Does this add a lot of bulk to the phone?

It adds a little, but not much. It's definitely heavier and thicker. However, the back cover follows the lines of the phone, so it doesn't feel bulky. Two things: Make sure you follow the charging instructions, and be sure you choose the back cover that matches your phone (unless you want a different color). Enjoy it. By the way, my last charge lasted 36 hours of heavy use, while on LTE the entire time; no wifi at all.

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Use a GG battery in my old HTC evo. I'd like to use one in my S3 but then my nice $40 Otter Box case would be useless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my gorilla gadget battery today. I'm doing as instructed, and letting the battery run to 0. then fully charging it. Will post updates every few days. But I can tell you, when I got it down to 17%, I used the hell out of it for 2 full hours before it finally died. I was streaming music, you tubing, and facebooking, all while in a poor reception spot. Screen was on for the full 2 hours.
Never thought I'd have so much trouble draining a battery, lol

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my gorilla gadget battery today. I'm doing as instructed, and letting the battery run to 0. then fully charging it. Will post updates every few days. But I can tell you, when I got it down to 17%, I used the hell out of it for 2 full hours before it finally died. I was streaming music, you tubing, and facebooking, all while in a poor reception spot. Screen was on for the full 2 hours.

I know, right. Hint: shut off Power saving to intentionally run the battery down.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Glad it's working good for you. Every time I get it down to 5%, even with Power Saving off, it takes a couple of hours to run it all the way down.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and bought the Gorilla Gadget battery. I like it very much. I don't like the size increase, but I do like the power increase. I was able to get 8 hours of screen time out the battery.

raymb1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Gorilla Gadgets extended battery w/back. Got 60+ hours after first charge, 53+ hours on 2nd charge with 9% left. I like that the new back feels more sturdier than the original back. Later, Ray

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Gorilla Gadgets extended battery w/back. Got 60+ hours after first charge, 53+ hours on 2nd charge with 9% left. I like that the new back feels more sturdier than the original back. Later, Ray

I looked at that same battery on Amazon today, strangely enough, and the reviews are the best I've seen on an extended battery for the S3. I've been wanting one, and looks like I'll be ordering one on Friday. Thanks for the post and recommendations, because I certainly don't get enough life as hard as I put mine through the wringer. I don't mind the extra bulk, I need the juice.