Data Connectivity issues after Flashing CM10

VESTICLE

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. Im still pretty new to this but I rooted my Sprint SGS III yesterday and flashed the most recent CM10 Rom to my phone. I am now having issues with my data connectivity. It will stop working and I have to reboot my phone to get it to connect again. It seems like once it stops working it wont reconnect to data until I reboot. Is this a common issue? Is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance!

VESTICLE

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I did a full wipe before installing the Rom. I basically went step by step through QBKing's YouTube video.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I was using CM and my Wi-Fi signal was noticeably weaker, and would drop out where it wouldn't before. I flashed back to wicked and signal was back to normal. Flashed back to CM and same thing. I'm back to Wicked now and signal isb good again, no Wi-Fi drop outs and I can take my phone further out and still be connected.

VESTICLE

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
What other Rom would you recommend? Would I follow the same instructions as I would if I was flashing from my original sprint Rom?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
What other Rom would you recommend? Would I follow the same instructions as I would if I was flashing from my original sprint Rom?

Depends on what you want. I cannot suggest any cm or aosp roms because I just don't like them.

VESTICLE

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for all of the information. I am either going to re flash the CM10 Rom or try a different one out. My last question is do I follow the instructions in the videos just like I was flashing from a stock, rooted phone? Thanks.

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for all of the information. I am either going to re flash the CM10 Rom or try a different one out. My last question is do I follow the instructions in the videos just like I was flashing from a stock, rooted phone? Thanks.

If going to a completely different ROM always factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache before flashing ROM.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It's not normal. Did you do a full wipe before flashing it?

Actually, it is normal. CM10 has a serious issue with the LTE handoff not working - if you move from a 4G LTE area to a 3G area you will lose data connectivity on CM10. This issue is present even in the more recent stable releases.

You can disable the 4G radio and generally not have any issues; though some users in the thread are reporting 3G dropoffs with the latest radio flashed.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it is normal. CM10 has a serious issue with the LTE handoff not working - if you move from a 4G LTE area to a 3G area you will lose data connectivity on CM10. This issue is present even in the more recent stable releases.

You can disable the 4G radio and generally not have any issues; though some users in the thread are reporting 3G dropoffs with the latest radio flashed.

So now cm and aosp fans are calling issues with their devices normal. Rather than calling them what they are...

Just because it's common and to be expected doesn't make it NOT an issue. Are you guys just trying to fool yourselves into acceptance. :p

VESTICLE

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Trekkie, It all makes sense now. I turned off the LTE radio and have not had any issues since. Kind of a bummer but not really a big deal because 4g coverage sucks where I live anyway.

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love the amount of user control that CM roms afford. The level of customization and features are second to none. The thing is, is that there is always at least one issue with them that I can't put up with. Sometimes it's sms's not working right or camera issues or sound issues. This time for me it was signal strength. I updated profile and was on the most recent prl before flashing CM.

One of these days it'll work perfect for me, but I'm still waiting for that day.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love the amount of user control that CM roms afford. The level of customization and features are second to none. The thing is, is that there is always at least one issue with them that I can't put up with. Sometimes it's sms's not working right or camera issues or sound issues. This time for me it was signal strength. I updated profile and was on the most recent prl before flashing CM.

One of these days it'll work perfect for me, but I'm still waiting for that day.

Really not any more control than you have with the stock based roms. The only thing I miss on a cm rom is the hold back to kill.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So now cm and aosp fans are calling issues with their devices normal. Rather than calling them what they are...

Just because it's common and to be expected doesn't make it NOT an issue. Are you guys just trying to fool yourselves into acceptance. :p

You're right, I should have called it a "Known issue" :p

But yeah, it's actually killed my usage of Cyanogenmod based ROMs on this device. I've switched back to the stock ROM just simply because I got tired of the data cutting out repeatedly (say, every 30 seconds).

InfamousDX

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Googled around for this issue and here I am... Having the same issue of losing data connectivity on my CM10.1 based d2vzw.

That's a shame and it might cause me to look elsewhere for another rom for my phone.