Problems with wicked room?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the latest WS rom? Ever since day 1 there have been crashes to apps. Here I am 2 weeks later, and it's getting worse. As I was listening to music it stopped, and now the card is not readable.?
Some of the things crashing are Poweramp, Gmail, nextlauncher, Chrome.
I've never ever had a problem with wicked. I'm a huge fan. The beta version was working perfect, but ever since I installed the latest, it hasn't been pretty.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping these are known issues and dazed and his team have a fix in the works. But I'm sure I have an old version kicking around somewhere. (I hope )
And another glitch I'm having is an unresponsive screen. Having to take out the battery to get around it.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure where these problems are coming from. I've not had any issues like that. And I haven't seen any posts about widespread issues like you have mentioned. I have only had myHub act up once when I went to the current version. A clean install fixed that. And by clean install I mean wipe it all. System, data, internal storage, cache, dalvik cache.

Which kernel are you running? If its DKP or Ktoonez, have you changed frequencies and/or voltages?

sent from a GS3 gone Wicked

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
kernel 3.0.31 dkp-geb5b561 decimalman@goliath #1....hmmmm never noticed that before, lol ANyway, the crashes are getting progressively worse over the past 2 days. I'm going to try and re download the install rar and re install it. Hopefully it's just a bad download.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok. DKP is the one the ROM comes with. Let me know what happens after a freash dl and install.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Fresh install done. Now we wait it out. But here's my issue, and I don't think it's rom related, as much as it is a coincidence. Yesterday, I was listening to my music via the stock music player (Poweramp was 1 of the things having issues). The music stopped, and the pop up error on the phone went something like "Card error. Can not read card or it was removed".
It seems now, the phone. nor my computer will even recognize my micro usb card/ It's an 8 gig scandisk.
I've had this phone since day 1, and don't remember if that's the card that came with it or if I bought a new one. Anyway, I just plugged in a friends micro usb into my computer. I forgot to look to see what size gb his card was, the computer picked up on it right away. So I know it's not my computer, nor the micro card adapters that I'm using.
I had some pretty important backups on the card. I can always get my music back, and photo's are dropboxed so who cares. But I'd like to get at my sms and titanium backups.
Any thoughts?
I've tried the first 10 things listed on google with no luck. Is there anything I can do if the computer isn't even recognizing there is a removable storage inserted?

EDIT: It's a samsung micro usb. SO I guess it is the one that came with the phone

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It could be an issue with card. Sadly I'm not the one to give advice on recovering stuff from a bad sd card.

nemisys

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a Verizon S3 with the same ROM version and am having issues with the phone suddenly freezing up and rebooting itself.

I went to the task manager in my system tuner app (root required) and saw that the gsniff_daemon was using most of my cpu. Killed the process and my phone was much more responsive, but then it rebooted itself anyway about an hour later.

See here: [Q] [REQ] Gsiff_Daemon Runaway causing severe battery drain, possible fixes? - xda-developers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38