Unroot youtube video?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
In preparation for my S5, I need to unroot my Sammy 3
Does anyone have a youtube video I could watch with instructions?
Or, a very easy to understand step by step instructions, but I'm better with a video.
I realize there's a thread on how to unroot, but about 15 posts in, I realized that no one could agree on the best method, lol

I'd like to sell my S3 at some point, and don't want to brick it.
using TWRP 2.6.3.1 and the latest ver of WS Rom 4.3
MK3 v.05
Kernel 3.0.31 dkp g5173c4b

Thanks

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I see you're on a 4.3 ROM. Did you accept the 4.3 OTA? If so, your options are more limited. And do you want to end up on the stock 4.3,or on 4.1.2?

Posted via Android Central App

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I have to unroot is because I'm having major issues. I've posted about them in here a few times about what they are.
Some of them include random reboots with an unresponsive screen afterwards (Need to take out the battery) and crash after crash of apps. I couldn't in good faith sell the phone this way.
I haven't done any OTA updates, and the only ROM I've ever flashed was wicked sensations.
2 years ago, Skunkape was nice enough to walk me through how to root, and I liked the WS ROM so much, I've never tried another one, nor do I even know if I'm able to? I know how to DL Dazed's roms, could I flash another one the same way?
meyer, I don't care what I end up with, as long as the phone is more stable, and doesn't crash. I won't have a problem selling a rooted phone, but it's gotta stop crashing, lol
So whatever you guys suggest to do, I'll give it a whirl. I have a buyer lined up for $150 for the 3. (He doesn't know about the crashing, and I was hoping I could do whatever I needed to do to fix it before I sell it to him)

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea why you have this crashing issue. But the way you flash Wicked is the same to flash any ROM.

sent from a GS3 gone Wicked

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I could flash another one then? Can someone point me in a good direction for that? Remember, I'll be selling this. So nothing too fancy. lol

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have the same experience as you. But every phone I've ever had. Every time I root/rom it starts this downhill snowball effect... where the darn thing starts crashing, rebooting and screen freezes/glitching... from the galaxy Prevail to the galaxy Exhibit II 4g to an optimus to this s3. No matter what rom or how I flash.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
All of those major issues I was having went away after flashing MOAR. I don't know what it was about the WS ROM my phone didn't like after 2 years, but SOMETHING didn't agree with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumen