Sprint Version (Dual Core)

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not too surprising as it would not be LTE compatible with the Exynos processor. I am dying to know the release date though as I have a June 1 upgrade date that is driving me crazy. I need instant gratification and the E4GLTE will be there and waiting at that date. I really want to wait for the GSIII but don't know if I can handle waiting without a countdown date :what:

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed now. Not with the dual core, but just that we only get the 16gb model. Im more than sure that I'm getting the international version and using a Straight Talk prepaid sim, unless another carrier offers unlimited data at a better price

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed now. Not with the dual core, but just that we only get the 16gb model. Im more than sure that I'm getting the international version and using a Straight Talk prepaid sim, unless another carrier offers unlimited data at a better price

That's an excellent way to go, from what I hear.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

They did say it will be able to take up to 64gb micro sd card. So you will be able to put more storage.

cdemot02

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

There is no guarantee that will be the only model...

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
They did say it will be able to take up to 64gb micro sd card. So you will be able to put more storage.

I like it better with the memory being all internal. I have a Nexus S 4G and a iPod Touch, so I don't even deal with SD cards. I also think its a lot more efficient and organized that way. But then again, this all IMO

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
OH! And just so I can say I was the first person to nail the name, I think the sprint version is going to be called the Sprint Epic 4G Touch 2 or Sprint Epic LTE :D

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't that just mean that this particular unit had 16 GB, not that 16 is all Sprint will sell, right?

I'm having the same dilemma. My upgrade is 6/1. I like both phones and they both have their pros and cons vs. one another. I've never used sense, but I hear a lot of people hating on TW. The thing that may make me pick the evo over the gs3 is that I've had an Epic 4g since the day it came out almost two years ago, and over the past year, I've had to pull the battery on average once a day. It freezes all the time. sometimes when I'm sleeping, so my alarm doesn't go off. I had to go buy an alarm clock! I haven't had a physical alarm clock since I was 16 and got my first virgin mobile prepaid phone! The epic kind of turns me off on samsung devices. Especially watching evo owners get updates months before we got them.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same dilemma. My upgrade is 6/1. I like both phones and they both have their pros and cons vs. one another. I've never used sense, but I hear a lot of people hating on TW. The thing that may make me pick the evo over the gs3 is that I've had an Epic 4g since the day it came out almost two years ago, and over the past year, I've had to pull the battery on average once a day. It freezes all the time. sometimes when I'm sleeping, so my alarm doesn't go off. I had to go buy an alarm clock! I haven't had a physical alarm clock since I was 16 and got my first virgin mobile prepaid phone! The epic kind of turns me off on samsung devices. Especially watching evo owners get updates months before we got them.

The Epic 4G was known to have a multitude of issues. My Epic touch has been great, no freeze ups, maybe a random reboot here and there when trying to do a bit too much at once. TW or Sense are a personal opinion, I have had both and I like TW better. I never got to play with a pure ICS device, but I have seen a lot of videos of it in action, it's nice, no doubt, but I see nothing in there that I feel like I am missing using my current phone or the GS3. I am not the biggest fan of what i have seen from the new Sense, particularly that they had to make all the settings menus white and that playful rubber tile splitting apart when you hit the bottom or end of the list is not as appealing to me as the nice soothing dark glow you see in TW. Again, all presonal preference.

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have a feeling this will be one of those things where whichever phone I pick, I'll always wish I picked the other one. :/

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
There is no guarantee that will be the only model...

Using Sprint's GSII as an example, I'd bet there will only be a 16GB version available. And for me, that's just fine. 16GB internal along with my 32GB sd card is more than enough storage. Double that with a 64GB card (which are getting pretty cheap these days) and I don't see why anyone would need more than that.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
For me really, all I need is the 16GB maybe an SD card but whats going to take up all that memory when I have Google Music for my songs, Dropbox for my pictures, and Google Drive for my documents. I think I would have to download every free app to fill up the 16 GB of memory. lol.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

My upgrade is 6/1 as well and I STILL have my Epic 4G but running with ICS CM9 ROM. Its running so damn good that I could hold off till they release a quad core phone! You need to get off stock and root your phone so you can see how well your Epic 4G can run! And I like Sammy phones because of their screen superiority!!

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade is 6/1 as well and I STILL have my Epic 4G but running with ICS CM9 ROM. Its running so damn good that I could hold off till they release a quad core phone! You need to get off stock and root your phone so you can see how well your Epic 4G can run! And I like Sammy phones because of their screen superiority!!

Yeah, I'd like to do that to my phone, but it seems like too much work.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has the best versions of a phone. The Epic Touch 4G was the best variant of the SGS2. I'm hoping the GS3 on Sprint has capacitive buttons and has both 16/32 options.

I have to use CDMA since there's no GSM coverage in my apartment. So it will be between the E4GLTE or GS3 on Sprint/Verizon for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty