Install the real Swipe keyboard and get the best keyboard ever!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I love swype. It came installed on my phone and tablet. I can't find the beta version you're referring to. Should I be searching for something other than "swype keyboard beta" ?
The one I have works great but doesn't handle accurately more than a few words at a time on voice input, so if there is something better, I'm willing to try it.

Go to Swypes website. You can get the beta version from them

Reactions: LindaSB12

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Install the real Swipe keyboard and get the best keyboard eve

Just played with Swype a little and have to say, it's nice! But it lacks some features that SlideIT has. For example, shortcuts. You can swipe "btw" and it gets expanded into "by the way". Of course, Swype is still a beta, so I'm sure more features will be added.

Swype is always in beta, at least the one you download. They sell their non beta version to phone manufacturers and it comes pre-packed on some phones. Thats how they make their money.

The beta is actually the better one because it is more advanced. Before you could not install the beta without rooting and modifying the old swype but the most recent Swype generation has allowed it on any phone. My MoPho had Swype and Swype Beta on it.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Install the real Swipe keyboard and get the best keyboard eve

I have both and have used both. Personally,I like swype better because I have the option to type, swype, or handwrite. I do however, like the color options for swiftkey but I find myself going back to swype so I might as well keep it active.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to install swype on my s3 since I got it. I've been signed up for the beta since the beginning. But how I can't login. I've tried to reset my password and that doesn't work either. Anyone else have problems like that or a solution?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't, try Swype. If you think swiftkey is amazing, you will be blown out of your socks when you try Swype.
In my opinion, it does everything swiftkey does and then more.

I'd have to disagree because I hate swiping my keys.. But as I said before it depends on how the person types. I like swiftkey3 but I know other people who like swiping.

Honesty either one works.. Just depends on typing style.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

gatordon26

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Swype a little ova 3 years now & in my opinion it is the best swyping keyboard by far. I mean it started the swyping wave so how can any other keyboard that swypes test. But like I said its only my opinion..

Swyped by me on this Galaxy S3

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Contrary to popular belief Samsung keyboard is not the Swype keyboard. The Swype keyboard actually is probably the best keyboard ever to date. Now that Nuance had acquired Swype the speech (drag-on) input and rendering amazing! You now can Swype, tap, talk or write with this keyboard. The Samsung and Google keyboards do have Swype like capabilities but it just doesn't compare! Swype also does a great job at predicting the next word like Swiftkey.It also does well with spell checking. I too thought the Samsung was Swype keyboard but I'm glad I found the right one. You should try for yourself let me know what you think. It has some bugs,it's Still In beta but I'm still satisfied! beta.swype.com

Where can I find it?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Agreed the Swype beta keyboard is free and the only bugs I've found were a little screen flicker here and there.

Now if only theyd allow us to release themed Swype betas that'd be nice.

Vito Google Swype beta keyboard for android.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Paul Desjardins

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
can anyone reccomend a good t9 3*4 keyboard with the ability to add words without a complicated rigamarole?

tried like 10 keyboards already (including swift, and swype) both neither met my needs or expectations.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
can anyone reccomend a good t9 3*4 keyboard with the ability to add words without a complicated rigamarole?

tried like 10 keyboards already (including swift, and swype) both neither met my needs or expectations.

Did you try kii keyboard? Its supposed to be the keyboard to end all keyboards.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

thomasv23

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
the real swype keyboard is good for swyping.. i like it. I HATE THE BACKSPACE.. and I HATE TAP TYPING on it.. those both are eh. I enjoy touchpal keyboard more than swiftkey or swype. touchpal has great settings.. once it learns your words you can type SO fast. its so smooth.. has the least keyboard/input lag and delay.. and its amazing for swyping and tap typing. i suggest it to anyone.

KingJiuJitsu

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
TOUCHPAL, I have it and I like it. BUT. It keeps putting those pictures in my phone of the different color keyboard and what not. annoying also..it is asking me to install touchpal contacts what does this instal do? when i click on it. tells me for security installation is blocked as it is not with Google play.
How do i get rid of that touchpal contacts and pics that keep downloading themselves on my S4. i keep deleting but they keep coming back.. Bugger... LOL