Battery life extender for Sammy GSIII

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
For those of you concerned about battery life on your beautiful new GSIII's, here's something you might consider. I just received a 3200 mAh Power Case for my new GSIII. Purchased it on eBay for $42.98 (which included shipping). As far as looks, it's just as gorgeous as the phone and blends perfectly with the phone's color theme (the back is actually a brushed aluminum), and actually comes in a box that looks much like the box my phone came in. As far as performance, I just plugged it in, so I'll defer my comments for a couple of days. It's worthy of a close look by power users, but might be a consideration for just about all GSIII owners.

I'll report back in a few days on performance.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
For those of you concerned about battery life on your beautiful new GSIII's, here's something you might consider. I just received a 3200 mAh Power Case for my new GSIII. Purchased it on eBay for $42.98 (which included shipping). As far as looks, it's just as gorgeous as the phone and blends perfectly with the phone's color theme (the back is actually a brushed aluminum), and actually comes in a box that looks much like the box my phone came in. As far as performance, I just plugged it in, so I'll defer my comments for a couple of days. It's worthy of a close look by power users, but might be a consideration for just about all GSIII owners.

Pictures or it doesn't exist/we don't believe you!! lol Post some pics por favor!!! :)

Reactions: Uncle Louie

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Happen to have a link? I did a search on Ebay and Amazon, but came up with nada for the SIII. Although one DID pop up for the Galaxy Note... :D

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
One with a screen door protector thingy lol.

item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=380454415606

I saw this another thread. I want to get it but I'm wondering how performance will be. It looks amazing though and the price isn't to bad either. Compared to $80 mophie cases

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The seller I bought from is here in the U.S., and is listed on eBay as rizwan857. The price is a little higher than the one that ships from China, but I got delivery in 2 days. The link Uncle Louie posted will give you all the info and photos. (Thanks to Uncle Louie).

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried out the Power Case today at work and it does what it says. I fully charged it (which you can do separately from the phone), and it charged my phone as I was using it. Remember, it is a charger/booster, basically, so it does heat up when charging your phone (only when charging your phone). So don't get nervous. It mounts and unmounts easily, so you don't have to keep it on your phone all the time. In fact, I just recharged the case, and I'm charging the phone separately right now. It operates exactly like the detachable keyboard for my Transformer TF300T (thanks again Android Central). The operation is easy and straightforward. It does add weight, but it follows the look of the phone and blends nicely. I have a white GS III and the color match is spot on.

I've only had it for half a day, so I can't report yet on reliability, etc. But, so far, so good. I'll keep posting my experiences. So far, I can recommend it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skunkape60

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
how much bulk does it add. This phone is already difficult to use with one hand.

Not much at all, and it follows the lines of the phone. It's very solid, and like other high capacity batteries, it adds weight. It shouldn't have an effect on one-hand use. By the way, I checked on eBay (Power Case) and there are about 10 listings. The best prices are from sellers in Hong Kong, etc. So, if you don't mind waiting for the shipment to arrive...

Last edited:

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Not much at all, and it follows the lines of the phone. It's very solid, and like other high capacity batteries, it adds weight. It shouldn't have an effect on one-hand use. By the way, I checked on eBay (Power Case) and there are about 10 listings. The best prices are from sellers in Hong Kong, etc. So, if you don't mind waiting for the shipment to arrive...

Any updates on performance? Pictures?

Sent from my SGS3!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My latest on the performance of the Power Case:

So far, it works great. It does what it's supposed to do, and looks great in the process. You can keep it mounted 24/24, whether it's charging your phone or not. It does add a little bulk, but it looks great. It doesn't have an unsightly bulge that makes your device look like it should be ringing bells in the famous church in France. But it does add weight, as you would expect. It flows with the design of the phone, including the curve. But what good is "looks great," if it doesn't perform? All I can say is, "It performs." As I mentioned yesterday, it's a charger, not a replacement. So it does heat up while it's charging the phone. That's normal with any charger. If you don't mind a little extra bulk, it should serve the needs of most GSIII owners. I recommend it, for what that's worth. :D There are about a dozen listed on eBay, at good prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tkbredx

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok and the final question is how does this act with NFC. I don't have NFC enabled because I have no NFC things around me lol. So it doesn't affect me. I'm just a curious person.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i have used a satechi portable 5200 mAH one for the past 3 years and its great!! esp for trips where i wont be with a charger for a while like plane rides with connections, etc..

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's one...

3200mAh Black External Battery Power Pack Case F Samsung Galaxy S 3 III GT-i9300 | eBay

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

I've seen friends with iPhones use devices like this and thought it was a pretty nice accessory to have if a person is going to be on the go for a long period of time away from a power outlet/computer.

Thanks for the link, I may look into one of these down the road.

OP, were you able to get a white one, or am I misinterpreting one of your above posts wrong?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've seen friends with iPhones use devices like this and thought it was a pretty nice accessory to have if a person is going to be on the go for a long period of time away from a power outlet/computer.

Thanks for the link, I may look into one of these down the road.

OP, were you able to get a white one, or am I misinterpreting one of your above posts wrong?

Yes, I have a white one. When mounted, it looks like it's just part of the phone. Really matches the lines and looks of the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87