Calls through Bluetooth, music through aux?

dantraut

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
If I am listening to audio through the aux plug and I get a call, can my Bluetooth "win"? In other words, can I have my call come through the Bluetooth earpiece? Is there some setting to tell the aux jack to hand over control to the Bluetooth headset? I see that, under the Paired Bluetooth Device menu, Call Audio is checked, but it looks like the aux jack takes precedent.

jondiehl

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, all ICS phones should have that feature. My Galaxy S3 does that, as does my rooted Epic 4G running ICS. I would have them connected to the AUX jack in my car for streaming music, and then when a call comes in it shifts over to Bluetooth with my car to take the call.

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I believe there is a known issue with this. Let me see if I can find the thread.

Edit: here it is: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...h-doesnt-work-calls-when-audio-jack-used.html
that thread links to some other discussions.

To summarize my understanding:

If you are using a bluetooth headset and connecting the phone over bluetooth to the car stereo you are OK

If you are using a bluetooth headset and connecting the phone to the aux in on the car stereo not so good.

If you are using a dock like the iBolt that android central sells then the audio out to the aux in on the stereo is through the USB connection and not the headphone connection so the bluetooth headset will work as expected for calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skunkape60

count_chockula

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
To summarize my understanding:

If you are using a bluetooth headset and connecting the phone over bluetooth to the car stereo you are OK

If you are using a bluetooth headset and connecting the phone to the aux in on the car stereo not so good.

If you are using a dock like the iBolt that android central sells then the audio out to the aux in on the stereo is through the USB connection and not the headphone connection so the bluetooth headset will work as expected for calls.

1) Yes
2) 1/2 the time it works like this the other time it works like you would want it to (via the BT). It's rather random and I have yet to nail it down.
3) The audio (like pandora, or whatever) is through the usb when docked like this (can be turned off) and works well. When a BT device is used then the audio (from a phone call) will be piped to the BT.

Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699