Latest LTE rollout information

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
They roll out the smaller towns before they get to the big towns so they can work out all the bugs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm so glad that the entire country of Puerto Rico gets covered before Minneapolis and St. Paul Minnesota. The goat herders and pot farmers need their LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No Buffalo! We didn't get WiMax and now it looks like we'll have to wait until the end of time to get LTE. That's crap! Thankfully, my Sprint bill is nearly half of what the other providers charge, so I'll stop complaining... for now.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This is such a foolish plan. Instead of making their current cities a quality experience they continue to deploy resources in other areas. after 3 months Houston Tx still has unusable 4g..SAD!!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is such a foolish plan. Instead of making their current cities a quality experience they continue to deploy resources in other areas. after 3 months Houston Tx still has unusable 4g..SAD!!!

Is this true? Truth your the only person I see complain about Houston so I'm not sure what to make of your posts. Your to flipflop.. You seem ok with sprint then wait for anything to throw a bash then you talk about tmobile then you love sprint again.

Hard to believe what you say. I'd like to.. But I'd have to see other Houston people post the same

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Is this true? Truth your the only person I see complain about Houston so I'm not sure what to make of your posts. Your to flipflop.. You seem ok with sprint then wait for anything to throw a bash then you talk about tmobile then you love sprint again.

Hard to believe what you say. I'd like to.. But I'd have to see other Houston people post the same

Coverage is getting better but nothing close to ATT when they rolled their LTE out..You can pick up 4g in many areas in Houston but in house coverage is a no go.

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Houston resident here. Coverage is still very spotty. As for building/house penetration? Nonexistent.

Sent from my SGS3!

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Small town markets...seems like every metro in Florida is on that list! Jacksonville and Tampa might be considered small compared to NYC and LA, but those Metros arent anything to sneeze at! So I am not sure how to apply the "small market so they can work out the bugs" comment, unless you consider the sprawl which makes it easier to deploy towers.

I just made sure my device is on LTE/CDMA. Cant wait to see that sign flicker on!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Small town markets...seems like every metro in Florida is on that list! Jacksonville and Tampa might be considered small compared to NYC and LA, but those Metros arent anything to sneeze at! So I am not sure how to apply the "small market so they can work out the bugs" comment, unless you consider the sprawl which makes it easier to deploy towers.

I just made sure my device is on LTE/CDMA. Cant wait to see that sign flicker on!

Agreed. I live in Jacksonville and I am not sure of how big we are population wise but I do know land mass wise we are the biggest city in the US (if memory serves me right)

Anytime I want to go anywhere its always at minimum 25 min drive unless it's to a friends right down the road or the 5 restaurants down the road lol

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I live in Jacksonville and I am not sure of how big we are population wise but I do know land mass wise we are the biggest city in the US (if memory serves me right)

Anytime I want to go anywhere its always at minimum 25 min drive unless it's to a friends right down the road or the 5 restaurants down the road lol

I do know how big we are (people-wise)...over 860k for Duval residents and 1,345,596 for the 5 county MSA, 11th & 40th nationally, respectively.

So we shouldn't be glossed over!

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that even tho they are releasing LTE in more cities you still may not get 4G unless you are very close to a 4G server. Here in Baltimore they have 4G in 3 fairly small areas and the Inner Harbor which is a tourist area.... No real service anywhere else Imo. 3g is pretty terrible everywhere work sends me.

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm so glad that the entire country of Puerto Rico gets covered before Minneapolis and St. Paul Minnesota. The goat herders and pot farmers need their LTE.

It is a funny joke! But I feel compelled to point out that PR is a US Commonwealth, not a country. Also, it has 5 million residents In a mostly urban environment (very similar to south fla.) there are likely more sprint subscribers there than in many mid side cities in the lower 48.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa