Dock Question

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So I bought THIS dock the other day from eBay last week and just got it. It says it is 1000mah output which I'm pretty sure is the same as the wall charger that came with the phone (please correct me if I'm wrong), yet I started charging it at 11:10 (10%) and it is now 11:30 and it is only to 16%... is that normal? Because I feel like my regular wall charger that came with the phone charges it MUCH quicker than that.

PS- I am not charging another battery along with the phone (it has dual charging capability). I am only charging the battery that's in the phone, which is the standard Samsung battery that comes with em all.

ALSO on another side, how do I get it into "Dock Mode"?! THANKS TO EVERYONE! :cool::)

Buck69

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I looked at the link you sent. I see there is a dedicated wall charger for this and port, and not just a wall charger using a USB to Micro USB cable to transfer power. From the pictures you sent it might be as easy as making sure you plugged in the AC charger into the right slot in the back. One is for usb charging and one for AC charging. If you have it plugged into the right port then I'm not too sure why it would charge slower. I have been doing some research on usb cable charging and found some interesting info on it, because I was having problems and was not privy to this information. When you are using a cable that has the ability to charge and sync your phone the phone will charge at a slower rate if plugged into a wall outlet charger. If you use a cable that's just for AC charging it will charge at a higher rate of charge. Yes your regular wall charger is going to charge faster. Here's something you can try that might help. Download this app:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...el&feature=more_from_developer&token=6exHOmh5

Put phone on dock and make sure dock is powered while phone is on, start app, then on bottom menu go to Menu. Then go to Dev Info. Then Power. It will then state wether the phone is USB connected and charging, or if it's AC connected and charging. Make note of which one it says. Then take your phone and do the same thing with the wall charger your phone came with. I'm sure it will say AC connected and charging. I am not an expert on this and I'am rehashing info that I've come across myself. The long and short of it is that your phone charges faster when your phone recognizes an AC connection. There's more in the forums here but I don't have any exact links, hope this helps.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I looked at the link you sent. I see there is a dedicated wall charger for this and port, and not just a wall charger using a USB to Micro USB cable to transfer power. From the pictures you sent it might be as easy as making sure you plugged in the AC charger into the right slot in the back. One is for usb charging and one for AC charging. If you have it plugged into the right port then I'm not too sure why it would charge slower. I have been doing some research on usb cable charging and found some interesting info on it, because I was having problems and was not privy to this information. When you are using a cable that has the ability to charge and sync your phone the phone will charge at a slower rate if plugged into a wall outlet charger. If you use a cable that's just for AC charging it will charge at a higher rate of charge. Yes your regular wall charger is going to charge faster. Here's something you can try that might help. Download this app:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...el&feature=more_from_developer&token=qoaZ7QFL

Put phone on dock and make sure dock is powered while phone is on, start app, then on bottom menu go to Menu. Then go to Dev Info. Then Power. It will then state wether the phone is USB connected and charging, or if it's AC connected and charging. Make note of which one it says. Then take your phone and do the same thing with the wall charger your phone came with. I'm sure it will say AC connected and charging. I am not an expert on this and I'am rehashing info that I've come across myself. The long and short of it is that your phone charges faster when your phone recognizes an AC connection. There's more in the forums here but I don't have any exact links, hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. I will be sure to do this tonite when I charge my phone. One more question I have is how do I make it charge by AC? And also how do I make it sync too?? Thanks!

Buck69

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Charge by AC by plugging the AC adapter it came with into the wall outlet and make sure it is plugged into the the right port in back. I'm going off the link and pictures that are shown there. If the actual device that you have is different than I don't know what to tell you. As far as syncing goes, put the dock on your computer desk, plug the USB cord into the dock and the other end into a USB port on your computer. As far as how to sync with your computer it depends on what operating system your running. That is if you are meaning to sync to computer and phone. If you need a USB cord that just charges and doesn't sync someone in the forums had a link to one on amazon at one point. You will have to do some research. Seidio.com had a retractable one at one point that had a dual micro usb end that had one for charging and one for syncing. Hope that helps, good luck.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty