G3 vs. G Nex (on sprint)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
OK, I know this is the G3 forum, so I anticipate some favoritism, but where else do I ask?

Friday and Saturday I can get a G3 for $50, or a G Nex for free. I'm heading over to the Sprint store in the a.m. to play with and compare, but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter. I don't use my phone (an Evo 4G) to play games much. Mostly email, voice and web surfing, WWF, and some light game play, but nothing that will tax the hardware.. I'll root, but mostly to run apps that require root, not to play around with a bunch of different ROMs. Battery life is moderately important, but most of the time I can recharge during the day, either at my desk or in the car, and I'm willing to carry a spare battery if necessary.

Thanks,

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S3 just has so many more features, in my opinion its the better phone...sams club even has it for $0.96 tomorrow lol! Always good to check them out yourself but I think you'll enjoy the gs3

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I'm leaning toward the S3. I posted the same question on the G Nex forum, and even one (of the two) people who replied there says that even though he has the Nex, he likes his wife's G3 better. :)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, I ordered a G3 today. Two, actually, one for me and one for my son. Hit the Sprint store before 10:00 a.m., explained what I wanted, and things seemed to be going fine until I refused their offers of overpriced accessories I didn't need. Then the guy goes into the back, comes out, and tells me they're out of stock. At 10:00 in the morning? I think they were reserving their stock for people willing to buy a bunch of accessories.

So by the time I got back home and could get on the computer, Sprints sales web site was overwhelmed. Shortly after it crashed completely. Eventually, though, it came back up and I was able to submit an order. An hour later, I got an email telling me Sprint was out of stock, but expecting additional shipments "shortly." Oh well, I wasn't really in a hurry, I guess. I think Sprint underestimated the demand for a $50 G3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez