Drivers

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I cant seem to get the drivers to install properly. I downloaded the files from Samsung website and also from the forums. The drivers install but when i plug in my phone i get an error it says the required section was not found in the INF. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing happens

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I would like you to try.

1. go to your computers control panel / add and remove software (win xp) or programs and features windows 7.
2. Uninstall Kies and Samsung drivers.
3. When complete, restart computer and phone.

GS3 Drivers "]Download these Drivers

4. Install the drivers on your computer but do not plug in your phone until it has completed.
5. plug in your phone that is already started. It should now recognize your phone and at the bottom right corner say it is installing the software for your phone. click on view details. Several drivers should load and as it progresses green checks will appear when successful.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I cant seem to get the drivers to install properly. I downloaded the files from Samsung website and also from the forums. The drivers install but when i plug in my phone i get an error it says the required section was not found in the INF. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing happens

I had the exact same problem a couple of days ago. My laptop crashed and I had to reinstall the OS (XP). I didn't do the Windows updates.
I tried everything... install, uninstall, cables, ports, yada, yada, yada. Gave up for awhile (Frustrated). Decided to let windows do it's thing (3 hours). Afterward the drivers installed no problem. Alls well in GS3Ville once again.
Hope this helps you out.
J

EDIT: My girlfriend was having a problem with the drivers... She then went the Kies route and that solved her issue.

Last edited:

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the info I'll let you know my results when i get home from work. If i can't get the drivers installed i wont be able to root my phone

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well i was able to get the drivers to install on to get pictures off my phone but the drivers for mtp won't install.which it looks like i should be able to us kies.but kinky question its what drivers do i need to have working to be able to root my phone. From my experience worth my optimus if you didn't have the drivers right you'd never be able to root

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well i was able to get the drivers to install on to get pictures off my phone but the drivers for mtp won't install.which it looks like i should be able to us kies.but kinky question its what drivers do i need to have working to be able to root my phone. From my experience worth my optimus if you didn't have the drivers right you'd never be able to root

For the most part this is true. Did you follow the steps I posted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non