Setting wallpaper question

TextMeMaybe

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
What's the point of the horizontal rectangle box? When ever I set a background, the image in the vertical box is the only thing that ever shows up.
Thanks

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to attempt to answer this.

When Samsung got slapped with lawsuits from the evil fruit, scrolling wallpaper became a thing of the past by default. Those outer boxes represented how far the background (and what is shown on screen) when you scrolled left/right through the homescreens. So basically, they mean nothing.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed though, that once I downloaded Nova launcher, it adds the scrolling wallpaper. I could live without it, but it is a nice feature to have, especially with some of the cityscapes I use as wallpapers

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, some launchers include it as a feature. They can do this as they are stand alone entities not affiliated with any manufacturer. Manufacturers such as Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC, and etc. are not allowed to include it as part of their software by default. Like the rubber banding (bounce back) effect had to be removed because of crapple and their hideous lawsuits. Since though...a judge ruled that an invalid patent. So we'll see if the "bounce back" makes it's way back into android phones.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This is what you see if you have a launcher that supports auto rotate screen, like Nova launcher or a custom ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You might try a photo editor, camera x is what I use and it allows me to adjust the horizontal as well as the vertical for pics I take and use as my wallpaper.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Download PicSpeed Wallpapers. You can adjust and get tons of great free wallpapers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums