4G in random location (Grand Rapids, MI area)

Highwaystar131

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I was driving somewhere yesterday using my phone's GPS. I stopped by a Speedway to get a drink and when double-checking my directions, I noticed the "4G" logo in the top bar. What's odd about this is I've never had 4G in Grand Rapids, not even smack dab in the middle of downtown. This was on the outskirts of the metropolitan area (for those familiar with the Grand Rapids area, it was just off the Byron Center Ave. exit on M-6).

Does this mean Sprint may be rolling out 4G LTE city-wide soon? I remember when I was on Verizon I would pick up 4G in random locations in Holland a few weeks before they initially announced a launch there.

Highwaystar131

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow. That map exactly corresponds to where I was picking up 4G. Must be testing in an area that is newly developed/still developing before going city-wide.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow. That map exactly corresponds to where I was picking up 4G. Must be testing in an area that is newly developed/still developing before going city-wide.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Yeah. Sensorly is user driven data so only users are contributing to the map when they actually pick it up.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa