Messaging App Keeps Crashing

Mr_HitThatHoe

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
my stock messaging app keeps closing and crashing after I send one text and now I can't see any messages and I really don't want to have use a 3rd party app for my texts.. HELP!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
WHY don't you want to use a 3rd party app? Handcent is better in every respect, and it's free.

Anyway, try going into the Application manager, scroll right to get to the All tab, tap on the messaging app, and clear data and clear cache. This will probably delete your test history, but will also probably resolve your problem.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the App Data?
Could be caused by a bad SMS thread.
You might want to backup your SMS first then see if it still crashes.

Zach82

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
This is driving me crazy.

Every time I'm half way through typing a text the sceen just disappears and I have to go back in the app and try and type again. And more often than not it repeatedly just crashes.

Makes me want to smash the Galaxy against my wall. Sometimes, just sometimes, I do miss my old iPhone.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the reluctance to use a 3rd party messaging app. There are several excellent ones available...FREE. There's GO SMS Pro and Handcent to name just two excellent choices. I've used GO SMS Pro since I've been an Android user, and have never been disappointed nor had any problems...never used the stock Messaging app. GO SMS Pro is extremely customizable and easy to use. I've never used Handcent, but it also gets very high ratings from users (meyerweb for example). These apps have been around for years. They're very reliable and are kept up-to-date on a very regular basis. I strongly recommend at least trying either/both of these, then make a decision. IMHO

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Zach, are you asking for help, or just venting? If you're looking for help, tell us what, if anything, you might have already tried.

As a first step, try going into the application manager and clearing cache for the messaging app. If that doesn't do it, clear data. You will lose all your existing text threads if you clear data.

Zach82

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I was wanting some advice, but after reading the post above I've been using Go SMS since yesterday and this seems to be working fine. I had never tried these before as just assumed they'd be full of spam or dependant on internet connection like whatsapp. But so far so good...

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen anything back from the OP. Hopefully, his question was answered.

*Listen up people: If you ask for advice, post some feedback or just say Thanks. Otherwise, anyone taking the time to try to help you won't know if their advice/solution worked.

Iamcyner12

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
my stock messaging app keeps closing and crashing after I send one text and now I can't see any messages and I really don't want to have use a 3rd party app for my texts.. HELP!!

HEY EVERYONE
I started having this problem and it was pissing me the **** off. I tried everything from clearing the data and cache from the sms app to even clearing the cache from the phone itself, and put it on safe mode to see if it was the result from a third party app on my phone, and that wasn't it either. Finally, I tried deleting all of my conversations and realized my boyfriend and I's convo was hundreds and hundreds of texts long. When I deleted it, it took about 3 minutes and my phone froze too lol. BUT GUESS WHAT!? No more app crashing! If you guys have a long-*** convo on your phone too, I hope this works for you!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana