Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone hear of this? I have seen on XDA people talking about how MA6 was just a mini update to get us ready for MB1 which will be JellyBean 4.2 + Premium Suite. I Googled it, but it took me to thread I was on on XDA lol.

Here post #164 & #167

UPDATE (2/27/13)- I was wrong guys, MB1 is just a patch to help fix the overheating issues caused by MA6 :/

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: MB1= Android 4.2+Premium Suite

This phone is guaranteed to get 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 it is just a matter of when. Samsung flagship devices get 18 months of update support. This started with the S2 which is also getting jelly bean.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Sounds good to me. Need to look and see what's all included I the premium suite

Holt85

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

My phone just updated to MB1and still no premium suite. Man why the hell we don't have premium suite yet

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

My phone is telling me there's an update. This is MB1? I'm rooted with custom recovery so OTA won't work. What do you notice about it? What does the version say in about phone?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Android version 4.1.2
Baseband version L710VPBMB1
Hardwarere version L710.14

Hmm. So does that mean just a modem update?

EDIT: Well, tried to get fancy and flashed stock recovery but the update failed anyway . I'll have to wait for a manual method.

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

I hear it's only 3mb.some people where reporting overheating issues with the modem, probably just bug fixes.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Looks like I was wrong fellas :( MB1 is just a patch for the MA6 update that's all....

Holt85

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My phone is telling me there's an update. This is MB1? I'm rooted with custom recovery so OTA won't work. What do you notice about it? What does the version say in about phone?
Its saying MB1 but still no premium suite features. I'm getting mad

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I was wrong fellas :( MB1 is just a patch for the MA6 update that's all....

--------@@---------

From Android Police:

Enhancements/Fixes
?Voicemail application update
?SMS 3-digit support
?Calendar sync issues
?3rd party software licensing
Per Sprint, "this is a new release of L710VPBMA6, but also includes additional 3rd party software licenses." We're not sure why the company decided to rehash a previous update with one additional feature (as opposed to sending that feature out on its own), but alas, that's what it did.
------@@-------

Finally some real info. Not a bunch of crap about premium suite or overheating fix being tossed around here by knuckleheads.

No offense Joe don't mean you

Freeza over at XDA is working on it guyz. Won't be long I think (hopefully). :)

Sent from my SPH-L710

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It also dropped an 'app' called Google Settings. It's in your tray. All a bunch of Google+ and apps with Google+ sign in stuff. Search....ads...etc. You may want to check it and make sure it's still defaulted to your choices.

bj

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
--------@@---------

From Android Police:

Enhancements/Fixes
?Voicemail application update
?SMS 3-digit support
?Calendar sync issues
?3rd party software licensing
Per Sprint, "this is a new release of L710VPBMA6, but also includes additional 3rd party software licenses." We're not sure why the company decided to rehash a previous update with one additional feature (as opposed to sending that feature out on its own), but alas, that's what it did.
------@@-------

Finally some real info. Not a bunch of crap about premium suite or overheating fix being tossed around here by knuckleheads.

No offense Joe don't mean you

Freeza over at XDA is working on it guyz. Won't be long I think (hopefully). :)

Sent from my SPH-L710
I see that article didn't mention the new baseband version.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It also dropped an 'app' called Google Settings. It's in your tray. All a bunch of Google+ and apps with Google+ sign in stuff. Search....ads...etc. You may want to check it and make sure it's still defaulted to your choices.

bj

This was a Google services update from Google. It has nothing to do with the MB1 update from Sprint.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

Could you inform me when a manual way comes out?
Hmm. So does that mean just a modem update?

EDIT: Well, tried to get fancy and flashed stock recovery but the update failed anyway . I'll have to wait for a manual method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87