YouTube only works on WiFi, error: "Connection to server lost" on mobile

dizlmonsta

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Weird problem: Youtube video streaming only works on WiFi, both with the app and inside a browser. When not connected to WiFi, I can still browse Youtube channels and so forth but the streaming itself immediately gives the error "Connection to server lost"

Has anyone seen this? Stock Galaxy S3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Weird problem: Youtube video streaming only works on WiFi, both with the app and inside a browser. When not connected to WiFi, I can still browse Youtube channels and so forth but the streaming itself immediately gives the error "Connection to server lost"

Has anyone seen this? Stock Galaxy S3.

With how many threads and issues your having you may want to save your phones data and then do a factory reset. This may solve alot of your issues.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

dizlmonsta

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually these problems began when I did a factory reset :X I think rooting the phone in the first place screwed up a lot of stuff, because certain things don't get reverted even with a factory reset, like APN settings for example.

mukrpat1

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
try doing this...
1) type ##3282# to open a hidden menu.
2) then press on edit.
3) it will ask for the spc..it is the six digit code present on your galaxy s3 box...usually 000000.
4) go to other ..which is the last option on the screen after you enter the correct spc code.
5) then goto multimedia option.
6) you will see some proxy and port adresses..edit all proxy addresses to 0.0.0.0...that is 1st and 3rd option.
And ports should be reset to 0 that is 2nd and 4th options.
7) press back till you get out of yhe secret menu.

Now YouTube should work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dizlmonsta

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
try doing this...
1) type ##3282# to open a hidden menu.
2) then press on edit.
3) it will ask for the spc..it is the six digit code present on your galaxy s3 box...usually 000000.
4) go to other ..which is the last option on the screen after you enter the correct spc code.
5) then goto multimedia option.
6) you will see some proxy and port adresses..edit all proxy addresses to 0.0.0.0...that is 1st and 3rd option.
And ports should be reset to 0 that is 2nd and 4th options.
7) press back till you get out of yhe secret menu.

Now YouTube should work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you so much!! This worked. Note: my phone asked for an MSL code and it wasn't 000000, but actually another # that I had gotten from my carrier support (I'm actually on CREDO mobile, which uses Sprint networks). I knew it had something to do with these settings as I had problems with MMS after rooting/factory reset too, and had to go in there to change some stuff to get it working properly.

The Proxy and Ports were all set to <Not Set>, changed them to 0.0.0.0:0 respectively and it started working immediately. <3

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much!! This worked. Note: my phone asked for an MSL code and it wasn't 000000, but actually another # that I had gotten from my carrier support (I'm actually on CREDO mobile, which uses Sprint networks). I knew it had something to do with these settings as I had problems with MMS after rooting/factory reset too, and had to go in there to change some stuff to get it working properly.

The Proxy and Ports were all set to <Not Set>, changed them to 0.0.0.0:0 respectively and it started working immediately. <3

Heyy what is the code you used to change. it to if it wasent 000000

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87