Sprint HTC One: No SIM Card error

snuffdigital

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: No SIM Card error

I hope I don't jinx myself here, but I recently installed kitkat and the problem for me has completely stopped and not shown since the software update. For anyone having this issue, perhaps try getting the latest software and see if that helps.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I get this problem only when Im changing towers or dropping from LTE to 3G. This problem started to occur after the 4.3 update and I got my sim card replaced then I went ahead and got the phone replaced a month after having the sim card replaced. This is not a problem with the phone or the sim card slot or contacts on the simcards. From what Ive learned this is a problem with alot of sprint devices from them updating their towers. This problem was worse originally but as sprint started to update more towers to LTE I started to get it less and less.
I've had the sim card error a lot recently, and Sprint has been starting up 4G LTE in my area. Coincidence? I don't think so. I also get a lost mobile data connection error a lot, especially after I end a phone call.
HTC and Sprint need to look into this and send out a patch.

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
This popped up when I got my HTC One last year as Sprint was bringing LTE up to speed. Tried everything and it didn't work long. Then Sprint did something, and no such error for almost a year now.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I've had the sim card error a lot recently, and Sprint has been starting up 4G LTE in my area. Coincidence? I don't think so. I also get a lost mobile data connection error a lot, especially after I end a phone call.
HTC and Sprint need to look into this and send out a patch.
This falls all on Sprint and the new way the data gets handed off. HTC doesn't have anything to do with it. Remember how we use to be able to be in a call nd have data, well thats no longer the case. Its one or the other which really blows..lol

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I had it while Sprint was finally updating 4G to LTE in our area. Called them and tried several things to no avail. Then, it just stopped. And I haven't had it in almost a year. So hopefully it will pass in a couple of weeks.

JM2032

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Benny, yes I have...numerous times actually. Rebooting didn't work either. I stopped by a local Sprint store last night and was told the card was corrupted. How does that happen???? Of course the store was a contract store and not an actual Sprint corporate store soooo, this weekend I will be heading for the nearest corp. store to try and get this problem corrected. I will let everyone know how it goes.

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In my experience with this issue, none of those things is true. Simply card was fine (in my case the phone doesn't even use the sim card!). Sprint told me several different things, none of which helped. I firmly believe it's their problem. And it came up when they were doing a lot of work on the network too. And it just went away after a few weeks. So you can probably just ignore it as an irritating but harmless transient that will go away.

JM2032

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Went to Best Buy this past weekend and was told the phones SIM card was corrupted. The tech swapped it out and it seems to be fixed. Hope it stays that way.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Went to Best Buy this past weekend and was told the phones SIM card was corrupted. The tech swapped it out and it seems to be fixed. Hope it stays that way.

Were you still getting 3G with the corrupted one? i know the sim is for LTE and just wondering

dougshaw

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem. HTC refuses to repair the phone under warranty on a phone I purchased in March of 2014. They told me it would cost between $90. and $250. to repair the phone. They asked for proof of purchase to include ESN/MEID, date of purchase, cost of purchase, and method of payment. I gave them all of that and still they refuse to repair the phone. I will NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER HTC PRODUCT. I suggest that NO ONE ELSE ever purchase another HTC product. Once they have your money you are on your own. They are really operating in a deceptive and fraudulent manner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo