Best Anti finger print screen protector

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there any of you out there with a anti fingerprint screen protector? I am rocking a Phantom Skin but it still leaves fingerprints behind, I am considering getting the Invisible Shield one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the InvisiShield. . .
Doesn't sound any different!
Not that I am not pleased with it. I am. Easy to clean and protects!
What more could I ask for???
I'm looking for one of those matte finish ones. But am concerned about how much they dilute the SuperAMOLED. . . Don't want that to happen either!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the InvisiShield. . .
Doesn't sound any different!
Not that I am not pleased with it. I am. Easy to clean and protects!
What more could I ask for???
I'm looking for one of those matte finish ones. But am concerned about how much they dilute the SuperAMOLED. . . Don't want that to happen either!

Yes I know what you mean my cousin just bought the samsung infused and he has 1 of those on there and it really really downgrades the quality on the screen . He does not get fingerprints but the screen quality is noticeable by a lot.

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an anti-glare/matte finish screen protector that doesn't leave any fingerprints. It does degrade the screen a bit, but that's the nature of a matte finish, even with laptop screens. Screen degradation was my biggest concern with getting an anti-glare protector, but it's very minor, and I'm happy with the result.

I ordered this one from Amazon: Amazon.com: GreatShield Ultra Anti-Glare (Matte) Clear Screen Protector Film for Samsung Google Nexus S 4G (3 Pack): Cell Phones & Accessories
Keep in mind this particular one doesn't have the cutout for the front camera. I don't use the front cam so no big deal for me. This one is also the "dry" kind so easy to lift and reapply if you get dust underneath.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an anti-glare/matte finish screen protector that doesn't leave any fingerprints. It does degrade the screen a bit, but that's the nature of a matte finish, even with laptop screens. Screen degradation was my biggest concern with getting an anti-glare protector, but it's very minor, and I'm happy with the result.

I ordered this one from Amazon: Amazon.com: GreatShield Ultra Anti-Glare (Matte) Clear Screen Protector Film for Samsung Google Nexus S 4G (3 Pack): Cell Phones & Accessories
Keep in mind this particular one doesn't have the cutout for the front camera. I don't use the front cam so no big deal for me. This one is also the "dry" kind so easy to lift and reapply if you get dust underneath.

Thanks!
So it does cover the entire screen?
Does it seem as though some one would be able to make the cutout for the camera?
And what about the sensors?

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!
So it does cover the entire screen?
Does it seem as though some one would be able to make the cutout for the camera?
And what about the sensors?

The one I bought does cover the entire front glass, with the only cutout being for the speaker.

I'm sure there are matte screen protectors that have a cutout for the camera but this one was relatively cheap (since I didn't want to spend much and not like the matte) and I didn't think about the camera cutout at the time. If you plan to use the front camera, then definitely do NOT go with the one I bought since it makes the camera image a complete blur.

The sensors work perfectly.

Here is a post I made for my Ringke case, kind of showing the screen protector.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g-accessories/79915-what-case-your-nexus-s-4g-8.html#post921281

ashley82303

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I went to Walmart and bought WriteRight static cling screen protector which was made for the ereader devices. It does dull the screen a bit but I'm not constantly wiping fingerprints off my screen! It comes in a 2 pack and you cut to the size you want!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So from all this info, i might just keep my Phantom Skiz, if Invisible shield stilll shows finger prints, and the matte one reduces the quality of the screen... I guess I rather wipe my screen ( though not as much as being without one) the to reduce the image quality.

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know what you mean my cousin just bought the samsung infused and he has 1 of those on there and it really really downgrades the quality on the screen . He does not get fingerprints but the screen quality is noticeable by a lot.

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

IMO the Invisible shield is the best way to go but I do agree that it decreases the quality. But the display still looks fine with the Invisible shield on so it doesn't bother me..

I would recommend you buying it...

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Zagg to me totally destroys the feel of touchscreen. I think it is too thick, I tried to get used to it but I always feel like my finger is getting stuck when I am swiping the screen.

Reactions: crzycrkr

devilsushi

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Ghost Armor by far the best, reason being the warranty; they will replace the film when you either stop into a kiosk or mail it back in all with out the need of a receipt.
The next factor is the amount of residue left behind from finger swipes is less than what is left behind on a Zagg invisibleshield because of the smoother surface.
Finally the films are cut to the device so sensors and cameras are exposed so that there'd be no degraded performance.

Tru Protection is the next best to GA since they are the sister company to Power Support (ipod/iphone screen protectors and Apple's choice pick). Tru uses static cling leaving any residue like Great Shield but with no loss in vibrancy. For Great Shield's Matte Screen protector if you can take a loss on color distortion, and the sensor and front camera being covered its a good buy for the price. Once again if you are looking for premium film protection, Ghost Armor by far out weighs Zagg in many aspects and for the price.

Matte is good for privacy and heavy outdoor usage, albeit the loss of color quality.

A key note to applying the films is to have the device powered off when applying and letting the film cure for an hour before turning on the device as the heat generated can distort the curing process. Using distilled water or heavily filtered tap water is a viable alternate to the proprietary solutions supplied.

This is just my personal experience and opinion, my loss is somebody else's gain.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
IMO the Invisible shield is the best way to go but I do agree that it decreases the quality. But the display still looks fine with the Invisible shield on so it doesn't bother me..

I would recommend you buying it...

This will be my next purchase i remember when i had the iPhone 3GS it was a little more "rubbery" but had like 0% finger prints.

new2hack

May 11, 2011
Visit site
big fan of the Zagg, does leave some finger prints but they are really easy to wipe off. Plus the back makes the back non slippery and offers great protection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38