Help with overclocking

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my nexus s 4 g first root ever.I am really new at this.Can some one supply a link and step by step directions on how to overclock my phone.I did the one step method to root my phone if that helps any.Thanks in advance

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
start by finding a good kernel to install. I like Matr1x.
I don't believe you an OC without a custom kernel.

honestly, I don't really notice any difference between 1.0 and 1.44 for day to day use. I stay at 1.0.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my nexus s 4 g first root ever.I am really new at this.Can some one supply a link and step by step directions on how to overclock my phone.I did the one step method to root my phone if that helps any.Thanks in advance

First you will need to unlock and flash custom recovery if you haven't yet follow the great sticky by ksmith,if you have custom recovery then go http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...oting-other-guides-nexus-s-4g.html#post945889 foloow the links. Download a custom kernel cause stock can't be overclocked.
To install
-boot into recovery
-make nadroid backup
-flash custom kernel,zip
-reboot phone
-install one of the overclocking apps, (i prefer setcpu)
-Overclock and enjoy.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
how do you know if your really overclocked? Is there a way to check it once done?

You need to use a program to overclock. Personally I recommend CPU Master Free. It allows you to set the mhz. For example I usually have my phone clocked at 100-800 mhz unless I am gaming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non