[ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv43 | AOSP 4.0.3 (ICS)

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv25 | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS)

Yes, I saw that when I went to re-download 25. 26 appears to have flashed without a problem

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I had that issue after I tried the newest adw ex update....froze adw and alls good again:)

Long days and pleasant nights............

My home screen still isn't rotating. I'm not sure if that was something added into this rom; or, if it's the new thing for ICS. Either way not working on v26 either.

Confused on why we switched kernels again but this build is faster than the last. Very nice.

Anyone else having usb storage connections problems when connecting to a computer? (Both Linux and Windows). It says connected as media device on my device but it's really not. Been using clockwork to mount.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA][NS4G] oICSv26 | AOSP 4.0.1 (ICS)

New update..

v26 available.. See the OP for change log.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else having usb storage connections problems when connecting to a computer? (Both Linux and Windows). It says connected as media device on my device but it's really not. Been using clockwork to mount.

Just flashed v26 and no mounting problems with mine on my computer. Have you tried a reboot of the phone? One thing I've noticed with these ICS roms is right after install I've had to do a reboot or two to fix some random quirks and then they seem to go away.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed v26 and no mounting problems with mine on my computer. Have you tried a reboot of the phone? One thing I've noticed with these ICS roms is right after install I've had to do a reboot or two to fix some random quirks and then they seem to go away.

I havent actually plugged in with 26 yet. Ill see what happens the next time. But i know what you mean. All my screen rotate stopped working even on the browser and i had to reboot to fix. Also gps wasnt working on 26 for me. I did a quick cache whipe with dalvik and flashed over again. If anyone has that problem

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
When I up dated to v26 I needed to go back in and clear and reload agps with GPS test

Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwich

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

When I up dated to v26 I needed to go back in and clear and reload agps with GPS test

Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwich

I used GPS Tools and it worked for a little but then stopped. Got a link? I just did a full wipe and fresh install and not working. Got a market link for what you used?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest

its still alittle slower than gb was but i'm chalking that up to the fact that its a port....

Hmm. I tried that one before you got back to me and it didn't seem to work. I used the one I had before and it fixed it again. After the full wipe and then restore it seems to working now longer periods of time. Not sure what the problem is.

Hope it's straightened out in the next few builds. Otherwise I'm going to have to go back to GB next week when I need to GPS. :(

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
GPS seems to be alittle flaky some people don't have a problem...some people have to cold start their GPS....some people can't get it to work at all

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Ok. Google wallet update in the market. Anyone else getting the error that the package is not signed correctly?

_DammitMan_

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I had some issues with GPS the other night. But they seemed to go away. Could just be because I live in Seattle and it was rainy/foggy.

However, something odd that I noticed is that my battery has drained to 44% after being off the charger for just under 5 hours ago. I haven't really done anything on it today than send a couple of text messages and tweets.

Other issue was with keyboard (both Android and TouchPal) not actually putting any texts in messages as I would type. Not sure if this is ICS-related or just my phone.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Im assuming the wallet app was tinkered with and resigned. Hmm.

Funny. I have problems with gps and this morning i wake up and my phone has a gps lock for no reason. Had to reboot to get it off.

Feel like it was a facebook thing.
I uninstalled Wallet with Titanium and then did a fresh install of it through the Market. Used it at the store with no issues.

Jay2pt0

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't any have any idea what the issue is with the video effects crashing the app? Its pretty consistant even after a reboot.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Not sure why a feature like that would be on any developers fix list.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I uninstalled Wallet with Titanium and then did a fresh install of it through the Market. Used it at the store with no issues.

I'll give that a shot. Was thinking about it. Wasn't sure if Wallet would even install through the market after it being it was an OS Update thing only. Thanks for the head up.

Uh, I just tried the CM9 Kang because my GPS is still buggy on here. Same problem over there. Went back to stock for like 30 seconds. GPS worked fine. Just couldn't stay on GB. I'm back on this build again.

Edit: removed wallet with adb and installed from the market. Adding card failed. Retry worked. Seems to be working.

Last edited: