Leaked 4.0.4 up and running

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I flashed snandlal's deodexed 4.0.4 release as well as the radio.

Initial impressions:
1. It's faster than the GSM ROMs
2. The radio appears better. Would usually get -106 dBm in my basement; now I am getting -96 dBm.
3. Pretty much appears like the GSM ROMs. Of course, this install is stock as far as I can tell, so there are no bells and whistles or even the nice little additions we can come to know and love with the dev's ROMs. I'm sure it will come.
4. Frozen Wallet, NFC, DRM and sprintmenu. No issues so far.
5. Had some green screens coming out of the lockscreen.
6. Obviously too soon to tell about the battery; I just finally reset the stats and will see how it goes over the next couple of days.
7. Flashed Eugene's kernel 3.1.10 and set to noop, Wheatley, 105% OC, 210/840 and it seems to be running smoothly for now.

fingers crossed...

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Try Peter Alfonso's build of 4.0.3 with pieces from the leak. I think you will find his ROM to be anything but laggy without an overclock kernel.

ROM - Downloads

He also has an Odexed build of stock IMM26, rooted.

Crespo4G - Downloads

I agree. I'm running Pete's latest bugless beast ROM. Very fast. No lag at all. Just noticed, though, that opening the launcher can be slightly jittery, i.e., not as smooth as opening the launcher on gingerbread, but I bet that will get worked out in future updates of this ROM.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Agree with everyone on here. Peter's ROM is stable and fast. Try installing again and make sure you wipe the cache that needs to be wiped.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I'm running Pete's latest bugless beast ROM. Very fast. No lag at all. Just noticed, though, that opening the launcher can be slightly jittery, i.e., not as smooth as opening the launcher on gingerbread, but I bet that will get worked out in future updates of this ROM.

If you find a launcher in another ROM that is smoother (custom Trebuchets seem popular), stick that bad boy in Bugless Beast. That's what I did when I was running Peter's ROM.

Sent from my Nexus S

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you find a launcher in another ROM that is smoother (custom Trebuchets seem popular), stick that bad boy in Bugless Beast. That's what I did when I was running Peter's ROM.

Sent from my Nexus S

Whoa! How does one take the launcher from another ROM and stick it into a different ROM?

And just to be clear, for everyone, it's only when intially bringing up the launcher (launching the launcher) that it seems jerky to me; after that, once the launcher is up, scrolling from left to right is very smooth.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Whoa! How does one take the launcher from another ROM and stick it into a different ROM?

And just to be clear, for everyone, it's only when intially bringing up the launcher (launching the launcher) that it seems jerky to me; after that, once the launcher is up, scrolling from left to right is very smooth.

Not too hard to do. put the roms zip file on you windows 7 computer. Open it using win7 zip. Go to system/apps/delete the launcher apk you don't want and copy the launcher apk you want into the same folder. back out of it and it will recompress. Put it on your sd card and flash like normal.

And if you want, you don't have to delete the original launcher. Then you should bed Anker to choose which over you run. I have done this may times with keyboards and calendars.

Just flash it...

junkshow

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
You can also do it from ADB. I like to do it while I'm still in recovery after flashing a ROM before I even boot that sucker for the first time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699