Question about Matrix kernal

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Bugless Beast and I'm wanting to try to the matrix kernal since I've heard so many good things about it. I flashed the newest verison last night, which is 19.0 I believe, and I got the Google logo boot loop. Luckily I had made a backup right before, so that wasn't an issue. But when read the FAQs for the kernal, it said to make sure you flash the right version for your ROM. My question is, how do I figure out which version of the kernal is the right one for this ROM?

fomotomo

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
According to the rom manger app pool party rom is buggless beast with matrix kernel......idk if this helps

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
According to the rom manger app pool party rom is buggless beast with matrix kernel......idk if this helps

Well, here is a screenshot of my phone info. I would think that if I already have the matrix kernal, it say that in the kernal spot.

42575a04-d1fa-96e3.jpg

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You should flash pool party then

Well, I'm really liking this ROM. The only gripe with it that I have is that I can't seem to get the toggles in the drop down menu to show up. But that's a small problem. I just want to try matrix kernal and see if it really is what its all cracked up to be.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried it again and got it booted up. Apparently last time when I tried it I didn't wipe cache partition. Can't tell any difference though. Maybe I already had it? Who knows. At least I know I have it now.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded the same kernel 19.0 it gives our phones better battery life and an led notification when our phone is on sleep mode

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, here is a screenshot of my phone info. I would think that if I already have the matrix kernal, it say that in the kernal spot.

Click to view quoted image

According to the kernel location you have Pete "Bugless Pete's" Alfonso's kernel installed which came with the ROM.

I just downloaded the same kernel 19.0 it gives our phones better battery life and an led notification when our phone is on sleep mode

There is way more benefits to custom kernels than the obvious battery life and LED notification. But those are the most obvious advantages.

I tried it again and got it booted up. Apparently last time when I tried it I didn't wipe cache partition. Can't tell any difference though. Maybe I already had it? Who knows. At least I know I have it now.

The only thing you need to wipe when flashing any kernel is dalvik cache.

I want the matrix kernel on my s :what::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sent from futuristic optimus s
What seems to be the problem? Do you have CWM installed? If so download the Matr1x kernel and flash it in CWM.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
According to the kernel location you have Pete "Bugless Pete's" Alfonso's kernel installed which came with the ROM.

There is way more benefits to custom kernels than the obvious battery life and LED notification. But those are the most obvious advantages.

The only thing you need to wipe when flashing any kernel is dalvik cache.

What seems to be the problem? Do you have CWM installed? If so download the Matr1x kernel and flash it in CWM.

My optimus s LG from sprint

Sent from futuristic optimus s

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That's what I did the first time I flashed it and I got stuck on the Google logo. Should I try a different version?

You could. Just make sure your using the proper version he offers older GB kernels and then newer ICS kernels.. I think around version 12.5/13.0 is when he switched to ICS support only. So any Matr1x kernel above v13.0 you should be fine for ICS.

Again, only a dalvik wipe is needed to flash a kernel.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You could. Just make sure your using the proper version he offers older GB kernels and then newer ICS kernels.. I think around version 12.5/13.0 is when he switched to ICS support only. So any Matr1x kernel above v13.0 you should be fine for ICS.

Again, only a dalvik wipe is needed to flash a kernel.

Alright I'll try it again later and report back. Currently trying to fix my old Optimus.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I reflashed it and it still didn't do anything. I'm just gonna let it be for now. Phone still says I'm running Peter's stock kernel for his ROM. Oh well.

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Alright, finally got it working. Flashed v18.5 and got the Google boot loop again then tried v18.0 and it booted. Checked the kernel version and it says that I'm running Matr1x.

One more question though, what exactly are the voodoo colors?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Voodoo colors is mod/hack of the stock color settings. If you download the app Voodoo Control from the Google Play Store you can go into the app and aside from volume hacks to improve your listening quality over headphones you can adjust your color values further down on the settings.

Once you play around you will see that you can really bring out the true colors that were meant to be on screen ;)

Reactions: formula355

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Voodoo colors is mod/hack of the stock color settings. If you download the app Voodoo Control from the Google Play Store you can go into the app and aside from volume hacks to improve your listening quality over headphones you can adjust your color values further down on the settings.

Once you play around you will see that you can really bring out the true colors that were meant to be on screen ;)

Awesome, thank you.

bmuseed

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
AOKP/matrix kernel

I have my Nexus S 4G with AOKP Miletstone 5 running matrix kernel v19 wheatly governor 100/1200 and so far so good...