How know if car charger will work with Nexus S?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have a car charger piece that takes a USB cable and plugs into the cigarette lighter of a car. It was for a Palm Pre but technically any USB chord can plug into it. How do I know that it's safe and provides enough (but not too much) power if I plug my Nexus S into it?

I think what it says is:
INPUT 10-26 VDC
OUTPUT 5.0 VDC

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a car charger piece that takes a USB cable and plugs into the cigarette lighter of a car. It was for a Palm Pre but technically any USB chord can plug into it. How do I know that it's safe and provides enough (but not too much) power if I plug my Nexus S into it?

I think what it says is:
INPUT 10-26 VDC
OUTPUT 5.0 VDC

I have 3 of these types that work fine, one from my Jawbone, a Griffin dual USB one and a third that i cant remember what it was for, they have all worked fine for charging my phones.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The best way to determine if the charger will work:

1) Is it for another mobile device? Probably will work
2) Is if for another smaller batter or batter equal to size? Probably will work.
3) Plug it in. Does it work? Cool. It works. Is it getting hot? No, your good. Does it charge? Hey that's a plus ,lol.

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
usb is rated at 5 volts, the MA however is set at 500 for most computers, however the usb standard is capable of delivering 1000ma at least. so yes to answer your question any adapter that passes regulations and uses usb micro on one end and anything else on the other is fine.

for example if you pick up a usbmicro anything from walmart/radioshack/bestbuy/homedepot/target etc etc its safe, however that charger you bought ebay from china.. might wanna double check before you start popping ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez