2.3.6 Rolling Out

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This update confuses me. Sprint says release date for the update was 08-15. Android central just posted it now. Isn't it the other way around. Someone tips off someone of a rumor and then we wait a month for it to actually come.... Not we all missed it 18 days later and we all know about it now and no one has it...

And google wallet site still says coming soon... is the app going to work? What the hell is going on here, L O L! And what voice bug?! And why isn't that posted on Sprint.

I'm getting a windows phone just because an update comes out and you plug into zune, L O L! F this.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah until i get an update from GPA17 with this ROM, consider me not doing anything. I want google wallet, but not if it means losing tethering or anything else.

I find it funny that a year ago, android fans were rejoicing the world of tethering and now you understand that its not all free. Even Google caves.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah until i get an update from GPA17 with this ROM, consider me not doing anything. I want google wallet, but not if it means losing tethering or anything else.

I find it funny that a year ago, android fans were rejoicing the world of tethering and now you understand that its not all free. Even Google caves.

It all comes down to operator costs for the carriers. Google isn't willing to pay those carriers to keep it, it would just cost way too much. I think everyone is only looking at it in one perspective. Google probably would rather us have it, but the carriers think otherwise.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
this hasnt dropped for any sprint users yet/

do not update manually either because the update that is out now is only for ATT users/gsm nexus phones.

whats the hold up SPRINT?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
this hasnt dropped for any sprint users yet/

do not update manually either because the update that is out now is only for ATT users/gsm nexus phones.

whats the hold up SPRINT?

Who said this update was for T-Mobile/GSM users? The original leak came from Sprint's blog. The only GSM word came from Canada Nexus S users.

Support - Article

Android Central wrote this

Sprint has an update, GWK15F, posted on their site while folks in Canada on Rogers and Fido are also seeing an update marked as being GRK39C. Mysteriously missing though is anyone getting updates on a T-Mobile or AT&T Nexus S. The update is said to correct a voice search bug, but at the same time, its been confirmed to also break WiFi and USB tethering across all devices which have thus far received the update.

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This update confuses me. Sprint says release date for the update was 08-15. Android central just posted it now. Isn't it the other way around. Someone tips off someone of a rumor and then we wait a month for it to actually come.... Not we all missed it 18 days later and we all know about it now and no one has it...

And google wallet site still says coming soon... is the app going to work? What the hell is going on here, L O L! And what voice bug?! And why isn't that posted on Sprint.

I'm getting a windows phone just because an update comes out and you plug into zune, L O L! F this.

You're complaining about an update?

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it'll help with the wifi radio sucking so much battery. The wireless router at work stopped working the other day & I noticed that my battery was MUCH higher than normal for that time of day. Been keeping it off there & using 4G & I don't have to charge it on the way home now. everything else has been ok since the last update.

will I have to re-root after installing?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Who said this update was for T-Mobile/GSM users? The original leak came from Sprint's blog. The only GSM word came from Canada Nexus S users.

Support - Article

Android Central wrote this

Sprint has an update, GWK15F, posted on their site while folks in Canada on Rogers and Fido are also seeing an update marked as being GRK39C. Mysteriously missing though is anyone getting updates on a T-Mobile or AT&T Nexus S. The update is said to correct a voice search bug, but at the same time, its been confirmed to also break WiFi and USB tethering across all devices which have thus far received the update.

its all over xda, including the new radio but its only got att users/canada. not one sprint user has gotten this update yet check the posts.

that sprint update is old from 8-15 which none of us still havent gotten.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87