no pictures found on the sd card please help

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So here's my problem I have a nexus s 4g and yesterday I connected it to my computer to transfer some videos onto my phone. I made sure to hit eject before disconnecting it but now both quicpick and the stock gallery show no pictures. I can find them and view them from astro. Or even from the camera app, just not any gallery app. If this were any other phone I would just replace the SD card after awile but obviously I can't do that on the nexus. Thank you any help is much appreciated

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So here's my problem I have a nexus s 4g and yesterday I connected it to my computer to transfer some videos onto my phone. I made sure to hit eject before disconnecting it but now both quicpick and the stock gallery show no pictures. I can find them and view them from astro. Or even from the camera app, just not any gallery app. If this were any other phone I would just replace the SD card after awile but obviously I can't do that on the nexus. Thank you any help is much appreciated

A reboot should solve your issue

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
If you can find them in Astro, can you copy and transfer to your computer when plugged in? They recopy back to internal in dcim or some folder?
Or try to download QuickPic (a good viewer I use) and see if they pick up? If not, again see if you can copy
to your phone from computer.

I also lost my daughter's pics unlocking last week, it was suggested to use a media recovery that can be searched and downloaded on computer, like you would use for a damaged camera media card. Didn't try it, she was too mad at me and wouldn't let me touch her phone again!!

But logically, if you can see them, copy and transfer.

shokuchi

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I had constant troubles with gallery crashing, then not showing media that was previously there etc. Eventually I found a .nomedia file on the parent folder of the DCIM folder which housed the photos.
It wasn't in the DCIM itself (where I was looking) just in the same folder as the DCIM. It was also screwing up Quickpic (your sd card has no media, is it mounted? warning) which I had installed. Removed that one nomedia file and all was back to normal.

/mnt/sdcard/DCIM
/mnt/sdcard/.nomedia - erased.

no idea which program put that nomedia file in there, but it was damn annoying

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I had constant troubles with gallery crashing, then not showing media that was previously there etc. Eventually I found a .nomedia file on the parent folder of the DCIM folder which housed the photos.
It wasn't in the DCIM itself (where I was looking) just in the same folder as the DCIM. It was also screwing up Quickpic (your sd card has no media, is it mounted? warning) which I had installed. Removed that one nomedia file and all was back to normal.

/mnt/sdcard/DCIM
/mnt/sdcard/.nomedia - erased.

no idea which program put that nomedia file in there, but it was damn annoying

Might have even been Quickpic or another media app. The Gallery and other apps will ignore media files in any folder where that file is present so lots of apps create it by default

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creshosk