nexus s 4g or E4GT?

luismpr

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Im trying to decide whether to keep my rooted nexus running ICS or go amd give the E4GT a go.i could get the E4GT by trading my nexus so im wondering if that would be a good idea.
Any thoughts?

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the nexus s 4g for 2 weeks loved it returned in hopes that sprint would get the nexus prime (galaxy nexus) but couldn't wait any longer. I ended up getting the epic 4g touch for a penny with amazon had the sale. I still wish I had the nexus s 4g for the pure vanilla experience. Hate touchwiz but use go launcher with ICS theme. I chose the epic since it is more future proof with the dual core and more ram. I am happy with it but still miss the Nexus s 4g at times both have good and bad things about them. If you are satisfied with your nexus s 4g stay with it since it will get ICS very soon, if not then go for the epic 4g touch. :)

ip_freely

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the nexus s 4g for 2 weeks loved it returned in hopes that sprint would get the nexus prime (galaxy nexus) but couldn't wait any longer. I ended up getting the epic 4g touch for a penny with amazon had the sale. I still wish I had the nexus s 4g for the pure vanilla experience. Hate touchwiz but use go launcher with ICS theme. I chose the epic since it is more future proof with the dual core and more ram. I am happy with it but still miss the Nexus s 4g at times both have good and bad things about them. If you are satisfied with your nexus s 4g stay with it since it will get ICS very soon, if not then go for the epic 4g touch. :)

You gave up your upgrade just to use go launcher ON TOP of touch wiz?! Lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

how easy is the touch to root? That its my only question. I also dislike the stock launcher and use launcher pro on my nexus.

luismpr

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Yea i was thinking about the whole future proof thing but i guess ill just stay nexus cause of ICS very soon and god knows when the E4GT is getting ICS. :p and good thing i bought this off contract and have my upgrade in march,who knows what ice cream sammy phones we get then :D

luismpr

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
how easy is the touch to root? That its my only question. I also dislike the stock launcher and use launcher pro on my nexus.

Im not sure about that but theres no way in hell im going back to GB.lajncher pro? You should definetly flash some ice cream goodness and get a little taste beforw the official build comes out; wait nvm.it shouldnt be much longer.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I love my NS4G to death because of the vanilla experience, and I have pretty much no lag since I unrooted, but If I had the chance to I would trade for the epic 4g touch in a millisecond :D I love the huge screen, they're both super AMOLED and 16gigs, and it has a dual core processor. I'm still trying to find a good deal for one on craigslist :)
When was that deal for a 1 cent E4GT?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure about that but theres no way in hell im going back to GB.lajncher pro? You should definetly flash some ice cream goodness and get a little taste beforw the official build comes out; wait nvm.it shouldnt be much longer.

already did... I don't consider any of the three roms I flashed as goodness. Lol. App drawer is ugly, gallery is hideous and the dock is cartoonish.

jdm4u

Samsungian
Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Epic 4G Touch during Amazon's penny sale and I love it. I bought the Nexus S 4G today off of craigslist because I would like ICS as quickly as possible.

Owning both phones, I can tell you they are for different people. The Epic 4G touch is a great phone on its own. Touchwiz 4.0 is better than 3.0 and has better features. The thing is, with the Epic 4G touch, if you like the Samsung experience, then is great, if you have it to root and flash many ROM's, then it's not ideal. There aren't many ROM's available just yet, and majority that are are basically themed.

If you want the quicker updates, I recommend the Nexus S 4G. To be honest, holding both phones together, I actually prefer the NS4G style over the E4GT. The size is just perfect. The E4GT can feel a bit too big. Either way, both are great phones, just depends what you want out of them.

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
^ don't you have to keep the epic on your line for 6 months before you can switch the line to a different phone?

jdm4u

Samsungian
Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
^ don't you have to keep the epic on your line for 6 months before you can switch the line to a different phone?

Honestly i'm not sure how that works, but to be safe I still have the E4GT on my line just in case. I bought the Nexus so i can play with it. Once those 6 months are up I'll probably end up transferring my line to the Nexus.