Phone locks up when camera used

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a little help with my wife's NS4G. We got this phone about a month ago from a Sprint store through TEP as a replacement for her EVO that had a broken charging port.

Sometimes when you go to take a picture, the phone completely locks up and requires a battery pull and reboot. I don't know if the phone actually shuts off when this happens, but the screen goes black and it will not respond to pressing any of the buttons, even the power button. The only thing you can do is pull the battery and reboot, and sometimes it boot loops so you have to pull the battery again.

We took it back to the Sprint store and of course their answer was a factory reset. The tech took a whole bunch of pics after the reset and couldn't reproduce the problem and we took a bunch before leaving the store. However after a day it started locking up again.

Any ideas what might be causing this or a solution to it before I go back to the store and demand a different phone?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Is the battery an OEM or a generic one?

Try replacing the battery. I had a fenerixe battery from Amazon and everytome I took a picture that required the flash, I had to do a battery pull just like you.

Even if the battery is OEM, try a different one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty