ICS 4.0.4 Messaging App

arrasmith

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Does the ICS messaging app unify threads independent of the source? Basically, do you have a conversation thread per User that uses GTalk, SMS, IMS, or whatever the same way WebOS does?

Still waiting on my update to ICS here.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The Ice Cream Sandwich Messaging app only really does SMS and MMS. Google Talk would appear in the Talk app and Instant Messaging (I'm assuming you mean this when you say "IMS") would have to be via a third-party app.

Reactions: arrasmith

arrasmith

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The Ice Cream Sandwich Messaging app only really does SMS and MMS. Google Talk would appear in the Talk app and Instant Messaging (I'm assuming you mean this when you say "IMS") would have to be via a third-party app.

Oh well.

I don't know if Palm (now HP) has a patent on what they called Synergy, but it was a natural idea that people are interested in who they are talking to. Not how they are talking to them. And using a single application that would blend texts, multimedia texts, and messaging services (talk, yahoo, facebook) around your contacts is a feature I really miss from my old Pre. Having conversations with a single contact spread across three (or more) applications is dumb.

I am looking forward to the better multi-tasking of Android 4 over Android 2.3 at least.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Where can i find this option? i dont see it in the settings on the messaging app?

Give me a min and I will take a screen shot and post it for you. I use GoSMS Pro but I know it's in the stock
app also.

UPDATE::: in the messaging app hit the menu button > then hit settings > Then below where is says Text (sms) message check Split Counter.
That should be it. If not let me know.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This is what shows on my screen when i go to messaging>menu button>settings

Screenshot_2012-04-08-00-06-24.png

Screenshot_2012-04-08-00-06-34.png

maybe my phone isn't worthy.... :'(

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
From using custom roms and now the leaked official, I can confirm that the SMS split is only on custom roms and not present on the official.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I had no idea that was on a custom ROM only. Sorry guys. I thought the stock messaging app would be the same. You can always root and use Peter's Bugless Beast rom.

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why Google can't seem to include even basic functionality such as splitting SMS messages or zooming in email in their native apps. Is this their way of trying to encourage 3rd party apps?

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
OK because I thought I was going crazy there, I'm using the last 4.0.4 leak :D I do remember using dooderbutt and it featured split texting, but every time I would text my friends over 160 characters they would tell that all they got was strange symbols coming from my text =|

scottyman108

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
OK because I thought I was going crazy there, I'm using the last 4.0.4 leak :D I do remember using dooderbutt and it featured split texting, but every time I would text my friends over 160 characters they would tell that all they got was strange symbols coming from my text =|

I actually had this problem with the stock messenging app with gingerbread and switched to GoSMS Pro which seemed to fix the problem. I

I also used this app because it allowed for personalized text tones which I liked

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I actually had this problem with the stock messenging app with gingerbread and switched to GoSMS Pro which seemed to fix the problem. I

I also used this app because it allowed for personalized text tones which I liked

Same here. I've also just started using the pop-up messaging feature since I got tired of always going into the app via the notifications to reply or delete the message.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't actually like using 3rd party apps instead of stock apps. I don't know why, it just doesn't Ferrell right to me. Is there a custom rom that the stock messaging app had splits texting that works for both the sender and receiver? Maybe I could go through the zip file and rip the APK and post it up here for you guys to download =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38