Sensor problem on mine! :-(

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem?

Day one - Worked great.

Day two - everytime I make or receive a call the screen goes black and will not come back on no matter what I do. I don't even have to put it up to my face it just goes off as soon as the call connects. I have to pull the battery to reset the phone.

I have no screen protector and no case blocking the sensor. Has done it indoors, outdoors and all types of lighting.

This really sucks!

Returning it for another one on Thursday :'( Back to the EVO for now.

P.S. This phone is faster than #$%&.

zeropcs

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine is fine. did u install anything that might have caused it?

I would try a hard reset and see if that fixes the issue... Then when you install apps see if it starts again... My brothers had this issue and it was related to an app he installed...

grayin

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Did you allow the sprint update to install or check for updates? My nexus had several issues until I installed that. Just a thought.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah check for the maintenance update, do a hard reset, and if still issues... just go back and return it for a new one. Simple.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Did the hard reset solved your problem?

Gonna try it when I get home. I have my EVO on me now. I did do a hard reset last night and that did not work. I'm going to uninstall Better Keyboard 8 and then do another hard reset to see if its what I downloaded. Anyways if that don't work, I'm gonna take it back Thursday and get another one. I'm glad nobody else is having this problem. Sounds like an isolated incident.

:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87