Is there any point in getting the NS4G now?

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Cool, think I am going to try and get the Nexus S. I don't too much care about specs as long as my phone can do what it needs to do without lag or intererence. I played with it for like 1.5 minutes at the Sprint store, but I fell in love with it.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
There are phones in development before the nexus S even shipped, they dont wait until they ship nexus S to work on the next gen.

There will be something new every year, would you always wait for something new? Buy it, sell it, enjoy the newer one, thats what I do all the time. If it was like a month I would say wait, but 6 months is a long time.

Agreed! 6 months is a LOONG time in the Tech world. and I do the same thing, sold my Evo for $350, bought the Nexus S for $400 ( Craigslist) now when the next Nexus for Sprint will be announced come November- January I will be eligible for my upgrade, and if not then I will sell it and the do the same.

cretz42#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I would say go for it. As of right now, there are very, very few devices that have a decisive edge against the NS4G. Everyone I show my phone to gets jealous of this piece of tech. I also went for the buy back program from Best Buy, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice...

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
If you like it get it. No point in waiting because if you wait, you will be asking the same question 6 months from now and the cycle will continue. This phone should hold me over for a while, and most likely a lot of people. It is a great phone, and loving it compared to the brick (EVO).

kevlars9

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I love my nexus and will be keeping it until the next one is released. I was all about the first evo but the new one just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the looks of it and also all this nonsense about the bootloader. We still have no idea if it will be unlocked or not even after the announcement. Ill take my sexynexy anyday.

Richard1864

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I love my NS4G too, have no issues with it, and will be keeping mine too. Getting all the Android updates before everyone else is cool too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I bought it off contract. though Evo finally got gingerbread, I just feel it's bs to wait six months for it to get released

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I bought it off contract. though Evo finally got gingerbread, I just feel it's bs to wait six months for it to get released

After a few days of using the nexus and then picking up the EVO you will wonder how you ever carried around that brick haha. I love the size of nexus.

3dognate

May 21, 2011
Visit site
After a few days of using the nexus and then picking up the EVO you will wonder how you ever carried around that brick haha. I love the size of nexus.

The Nexus IS a sexy form factor... the phone is thin comfortable and fuctions excellent with the exception of the Signal issues... I'd be content with it if WiFi wasn't an issue. (3G signal is so poor AT my house that WiFi performance is quite important.)

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus IS a sexy form factor... the phone is thin comfortable and fuctions excellent with the exception of the Signal issues... I'd be content with it if WiFi wasn't an issue. (3G signal is so poor AT my house that WiFi performance is quite important.)

I hear ya, I get poor signal in some places. I am hoping this will be resolved shortly.

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So I just read somewhere that the sprint galaxy s 2 variant could be released ad early as late June. Should I get the ns4g still?? Those are my two favorite android phones right now but and the gs2 looks so smooth. But I also think the ns4g is smooth. My contract is already up so what should I do??

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Trandz#CB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You can get the NS4G. I doubt GSII is going to be out n June, the same time the Evo 3D is coming out. I'm betting GSIIs are gonna be out end of summer early Fall.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
So I just read somewhere that the sprint galaxy s 2 variant could be released ad early as late June. Should I get the ns4g still?? Those are my two favorite android phones right now but and the gs2 looks so smooth. But I also think the ns4g is smooth. My contract is already up so what should I do??

personally, I dislike touchwiz. and I'm not totally confident in samsung to keep things up to date quickly. i'm not against rooting either, but I'd rather not have to. not to mention it'll cost more upfront.

both will and should look the same in day-to-day use honestly. It's just the dual core games that will get you. But if you want to futureproof, wait out for dual cores (within or evo 3d). I was going to do that. but I sat back and realized... what for? I play puzzle type games... and the UI is smooth enough for me. I'd rather save the $100. plus, every bit smaller is a plus for me. I am still a fan of the Pre's form factor =)

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
personally, I dislike touchwiz. and I'm not totally confident in samsung to keep things up to date quickly. i'm not against rooting either, but I'd rather not have to. not to mention it'll cost more upfront.

both will and should look the same in day-to-day use honestly. It's just the dual core games that will get you. But if you want to futureproof, wait out for dual cores (within or evo 3d). I was going to do that. but I sat back and realized... what for? I play puzzle type games... and the UI is smooth enough for me. I'd rather save the $100. plus, every bit smaller is a plus for me. I am still a fan of the Pre's form factor =)

Yea I agree. Samsung probably won't roll out updates on a very timely basis. Its so tempting to pull the trigger on the ns4g plus everyone says its fast. So I'll prob just wait to see the galaxy s 2 but I think I've made my decision already :)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea I agree. Samsung probably won't roll out updates on a very timely basis. Its so tempting to pull the trigger on the ns4g plus everyone says its fast. So I'll prob just wait to see the galaxy s 2 but I think I've made my decision already :)

The Nexus S 4G is fast. And it is awesome for all multimedia content especially gaming.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com

i may be eating my words... it went back up in price. i may have to use my evo 3d pre order after all, hah. though, pure google vs 3rd party rooting... I think I know how I feel, but I said I wouldn't overclock my pre to 1ghz, too....

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
i may be eating my words... it went back up in price. i may have to use my evo 3d pre order after all, hah. though, pure google vs 3rd party rooting... I think I know how I feel, but I said I wouldn't overclock my pre to 1ghz, too....

Haha. Well the pre needed to be over clocked in order to function. I actually have been just using my pre at 600 mhz and it's been fine so I think I might rather have updates over having dual cores. What's the price at for the nexus?? Is it back up to 200? Or is it still 100 on amazon?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought my NS4G yesterday and got it delivered today. It's a great phone, if I saw the announcement about the Galaxy S2 coming to Sprint in late July yesterday I wouldn't have bought the NS4G. It's almost twice the phone.

That being said, I'm having a blast with the NS4G, it's great and runs circles around my Evo. So whenever the GS2 comes out, I won't be in a rush now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty