photon may be going back

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but this phone may be going back if Motorola doesn't solve the proximity issue and the call issues everyone is reporting..has anyone heard anything about a very near update? The proximity problems. Seem to be an issue with the atrix after I looked at their forums as well ..I hope Motorola doesn't drop the ball on such a great product. Also do they every unlock the bootloaders on their phones?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
eh. i doubt it. I really don't think it will fix the problem as it seems to be hardware issue and not software. The silent call problem has been a problem for the Xprt for two months now and they can't seem to fix it. Unfortunatley, this problem has carried over to the moPho as well.

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just looked into device "software updates" Photon is NOT even listed yet. Which means no update any time soon. According to what I see, and 99% of updates are listed there.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but this phone may be going back if Motorola doesn't solve the proximity issue and the call issues everyone is reporting..has anyone heard anything about a very near update? The proximity problems. Seem to be an issue with the atrix after I looked at their forums as well ..I hope Motorola doesn't drop the ball on such a great product. Also do they every unlock the bootloaders on their phones?

Wait a minute, aren't you the same guy that's been pissing all over the evo 3d? Aren't you the same guy that's been advising everyone else with evo 3d's to do themselves a favor and just exchange their phones for a photon? Yet you are here complaining about certain issues that are so bad that you are thinking about returning the photon? Attention deficit disorder for the mopho(yes, pun intended) win!!!!

LMAO

Reactions: Gator352 and EMT J

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Wait a minute, aren't you the same guy that's been pissing all over the evo 3d? Aren't you the same guy that's been advising everyone else with evo 3d's to do themselves a favor and just exchange their phones for a photon? Yet you are here complaining about certain issues that are so bad that you are thinking about returning the photon? Attention deficit disorder for the mopho(yes, pun intended) win!!!!

LMAO
This just made my night, wish I could thank you more than once. :D :D :D :D

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

LMAO

Lol. He did piss on the EVO 3D. Goes to show you, no phone is exempt from problems.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
LOL! I agree guys!

Heck, I dis on the Evo 3D only because I went through 3 of em' and it was terrible as far as call quality was concerned imho. I love the phone in respect but could-not-stand them dropping calls like they were. It wouldn't have been such a big deal but my OG Evo's never dropped calls in the same areas. That and the freakin' tilted screen drove me nuts.

Now that I have the Photon, YES, it has it's problems too!! BT is wonky (decides it doesn't want to work like it should), call silence here and there (removing sim card and disabling GV solved that issue), and wonky proximity sensor. I use BT most of time so it's not a "big" concern to me at this moment but it should be fixed.

They both are good phones that just so happen to have issues. It all depends on your personality and personal needs as to which phone to buy. I tried the 3D but just couldn't like it. I just so happen to like the moPho a little more.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LOL! I agree guys!

Heck, I dis on the Evo 3D only because I went through 3 of em' and it was terrible as far as call quality was concerned imho. I love the phone in respect but could-not-stand them dropping calls like they were. It wouldn't have been such a big deal but my OG Evo's never dropped calls in the same areas. That and the freakin' tilted screen drove me nuts.

Now that I have the Photon, YES, it has it's problems too!! BT is wonky (decides it doesn't want to work like it should), call silence here and there (removing sim card and disabling GV solved that issue), and wonky proximity sensor. I use BT most of time so it's not a "big" concern to me at this moment but it should be fixed.

They both are good phones that just so happen to have issues. It all depends on your personality and personal needs as to which phone to buy. I tried the 3D but just couldn't like it. I just so happen to like the moPho a little more.

How often does BT disconnect on your Photon? Does it happen during a call? Is it random?

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Lol..yes that was me guys buy these issues can be fixed with a software update and even with these issues it still ****s on the evo in every way ..

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I think the real question is why do the 3d guys hang out here if they're so satisfied. Just asking. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress