Universal inbox on homescreen?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I come from BB where I have 1 place I can go to see all communications in 1 spot. Universal Inbox appears to be close to this, but I can't seem to even get that on my homescreen. Has anyone figured out how to get the "universal inbox" to appear on the homescreen?

Walter E Kurtz

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Indeed, I think I'd want the same thing. I have both a gmail and yahoo account, how can I get both these to appear in the same app or inbox? Just so it doesn't use up too much space...

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
That would have been my next question. I have about 4 different email accounts. 3 of them, and my texts, appear in my universal inbox, but I have to go elsewhere to check Gmail. AND, the universal inbox cannot be search. Come on Android/Moto(Google) let's figure these things out. My new MoPho is light years past my BB... except when it comes to email.

dschachm

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I was in the same boat coming from bb and wanted this. You have to download a progran called launcher pro. I actually use this as my launcher since I like the layout better and only want 3 homescreens. Anyway, once installed, click homescreen and click shortcut, scroll to activities, and scroll down to universal inbox. The only thing that sticks is you can't get gmail emails I'm there, but I have a second work eladdress that comes in there with texr messages. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

cybersar

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I understand but if you click the screen to add a widget, choose motorola widgets and select the messages widget it will allow you to set the accounts you want. I used it for 2 email and text message account and it worked well.

dschachm

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
They aren't looking for a widget. They want the actual universal mailbox on the homescreen. You need to go to shortcut and activities to put the shortcut on the homescreen.

http://maketecheasier.com/create-shortcuts-to-any-applications-in-android/2010/10/14

cybersar

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
They aren't looking for a widget. They want the actual universal mailbox on the homescreen. You need to go to shortcut and activities to put the shortcut on the homescreen.

How to Create Shortcuts To Any Applications In Your Android Home Screen

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize I could create that shortcut instead of having to use the widget. Installed launcher pro, created the shortcut, uninstalled launcher pro and the shortcut remains and works great.

Many thanks.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Thanks for the info. Didn't realize I could create that shortcut instead of having to use the widget. Installed launcher pro, created the shortcut, uninstalled launcher pro and the shortcut remains and works great.

Many thanks.

I ended up going this rout as well, thanks!!

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded laucherpro, i like it better than what is on the photon....but when i select email under activities, there are like 20 options.....which one is the correct one to add? I just want to have my emails together like on my epic where i touched one icon and i got my yahoo and my outlook together.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
great - thank you!

next issue - toggle 3g data? I found an app that was recommended widgetsoid but it doesn't seem to work with launcherpro. Any suggestions?

and finally, battery apps only show 10% increments - i tried the recommended apps, but no luck either.

Thank you!

cybersar

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to smartphones so I can't help much with widgetsoid. I read circle battery app is supposed to be good for the battery notifications. Haven't tried it because I figure I can live with 10% increments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez