Photon - search button randomly doesn't work

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I've done the updates and searched the forums and couldn't find anything on this. I know some have mentioned it may be caused by Google voice or the SIM, but i didn't find a fix.

My search button randomly stops working. It won't do anything. I have to restart the phone. This is frustrating because I rely on it almost daily.

Anyone having the same issue?

Anyone have a fix to this issue?

Lachrymal

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I've done the updates and searched the forums and couldn't find anything on this. I know some have mentioned it may be caused by Google voice or the SIM, but i didn't find a fix.

My search button randomly stops working. It won't do anything. I have to restart the phone. This is frustrating because I rely on it almost daily.

Anyone having the same issue?

Anyone have a fix to this issue?

Lachrymal

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I, too, have experienced my search button randomly not working. Updates, reboots, and all.....if i come across an answer ill post it.

Sean-Troy

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that if I have the search widget open my search button doesn't work after removing it my search button seems fine hope that helps you aswell

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've discovered that when my search button stops working, if I hit home once (sometimes twice) the search button works again without having to reboot.

Reactions: DancerNYC

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Same here! It is driving me crazy. I have Quick Settings assigned to it and it stops working at least once every day. I either have reboot and then manually open the app several times before it works, or I have to delete Quick Settings and reinstall from the Market. This problem and no bluetooth with visual voicemail have got me peeved. Also I get popping in between every song while listening to Slacker. That might be a defect with the car dock. Everything else is awesome, but I hope they fix these problems.

DancerNYC

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I've discovered that when my search button stops working, if I hit home once (sometimes twice) the search button works again without having to reboot.

Two taps just worked for me. THANKS! (The first time this happened I got out of it somehow - on my way to the Sprint store, fearing a factory reset. This method is much more convenient.)