Photon --> Epic 4G Touch (GSII) --> Photon...Honestly Samsung?

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
No contest here.

1.) The Photon doesn't drop calls, the GSII does.

2.) The Photon has a higher resolution screen...which makes a huge real world difference and you can immediately tell its better (less scrolling in emails, web, menus etc.) (I'm not a huge fan of the Photons PenTile technology, but its loads better than the low resolution GSII).

3.) The Photon is way easier to see in daylight.

4.) The Photon speakerphone isn't 'silenced' by a misplaced finger or pillow. (The GSII has a very exposed, small speaker port that is nearly silenced by a single finger or if placed on a soft surface).

5.) The Photon speakerphone call quality is better.

1. I've yet to have one dropped call... Many of the problems you and people bring up, such as the initial los bug, were fixed months ago in an update.

2. A little bit higher resolution crappy pentile screen? No thanks. The epic touch has a larger and much better screen and if you don't know about samoled plus technology and it's benefits, such as extra sub pixels, deeper blacks, less power consuming, richer colors, and more, then go read up on it and come back.

3. It's really not that hard to see in the daylight...

4. Really? It's not that hard to avoid putting your grubby little hands over a spot on the phone.

5. I've used speaker phone a lot and it works flawlessly for me and I haven't had any kind of problem with it.

Here are some more reasons:
-the Photon is coming up on its eol
-Epic Touch is much easier to root and has a very large rooting/rom/overall community (photon forum is pretty dead compared to it)
-there are more but I feel like you wouldn't even listen to them anyways so I won't bother

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Photon --> Epic 4G Touch (GSII) --> Photon...Honestly Samsung

I don't need to defend my statements as they are backed up by multiple threads by multiple people on multiple forums. Signal issues follow Samsung phones, screen resolution matters (sub pixels don't make up for it as the photon can fit more lines of readable text than the GSII), AMOLED washes right out in daylight, its extremely easy to cover the speaker (especially in landscape) and with LTE, all WiMax phones will soon be EOL.

I owned a Photon and purchased a GSII as a replacement, and the phone had many issues, why would I make this crap up?

If the phone actually worked, I'd still have it.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Love how gs2 fanbois feel the need to defend their junk. Honestly, everything samsung I've every used was junk. The phone itself is larger, I don't care about samoled, the ui is junk, and rooting is easier? I took the 37 seconds to root my mopho last night... Adb push, 3 other commands, how hard is that?

glad I went with the photon, by far the BEST phone on sprint right now.

Oh, and the phone volume on the photon is loud, which I like. Even playing music over speaker in my loud work truck, I hear the music perfectly fine.

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
What's the point? The sprint reps tried to sell the e4gt to me, I played with it, I hated it, I've got 4 friends who regret getting it after playing with my mopho.

I refused the "best phone" as proclaimed by galaxy nuts for an even better one. I have no point to step foot so to speak over there, I chose what worked better for me.

The whole e4gt hype reminds me of the nexus hype, which fortunately didn't last long.

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Compare Google searches for "Photon dropped calls" and "Galaxy S2 dropped calls"...the difference is staggering.

The most important thing to me is phone signal strength/call quality, the Photon will win every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38