No ringer or alarm for no reason.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
My phone will be working fine. Then, after a few normal calls with the ringer working, I will receive calls and no ringer will sound. The calls I can deal with because I have my phone on vibrate and I can figure out what is happening. Then, I turn the phone off/on and the ringer is back... until it decide not to be again. However, I WAS using my phone as my alarm clock, except when this happens it kills my alarm sound as well. This has made me late to get my daughter to school... I cannot stand being late anywhere. What in the world could be causing my phone to just stop making audible ringers/alarms? Everything else works fine. And, it does not show to be in vibrate mode when this happens, it shows to be in standard mode.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Been having an issue with this but its on texts... And I just picked this phone up 2 days ago....

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I uninstalled all apps, and the ringers/tones came back. I am re-installing 1 by 1 to see who the culprit is. I have a feeling it may be scramble with friend or draw something.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i've got neither, literally the only things i have downloaded have been skype, liteled, and pandora....

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep, but I don't get texted enough lol. I gave up. Led notifications are customized for everything so I won't miss anything important

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk.

mallorca70

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
A similar thing is going on w/ my new Droid. (10 days old). Was working fine and then today, I get no notifications. I rechecked all my sound settings. It sounds like a 'reboot' may be worth trying. I haven't installed but a few apps. but nothing since the first couple of days. I hate being disappointed in my Droid - I was just starting to enjoy it (had an old flipphone before so totally new world for me!)
Teresa

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
What does no led do?

I have my led set up so email is blue, text its purple, anything from my girlfriend is cyan, incoming call is red, etc...

bangmatic

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
This just started to happen for me. When th ringer and text no longer sounds, I am not able to play music as well. When trying to play a music file it say something to th ffct that the device doesn't recognize this file type. A reboot restores all sounds.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
A similar thing is going on w/ my new Droid. (10 days old). Was working fine and then today, I get no notifications. I rechecked all my sound settings. It sounds like a 'reboot' may be worth trying. I haven't installed but a few apps. but nothing since the first couple of days. I hate being disappointed in my Droid - I was just starting to enjoy it (had an old flipphone before so totally new world for me!)
Teresa

Go to your applications list and uninstall all "downloaded" apps which were not updates. (reboot). Then check to see if your sounds are back. If they are, reinstall your apps 1 by 1 - try 1 a day if possible, until you find out which app is the problem. I honestly feel like mine is a "trusted" app which happens to have a bug. I think it may be Words With Friends, Scramble With Friends or Draw Something. However, I think it happens when I adjust a setting within those games. I am not back to installing of those yet, but I will update as soon as I find out what the problem was for me for sure (if I find it).

What does no led do?

I have my led set up so email is blue, text its purple, anything from my girlfriend is cyan, incoming call is red, etc...

No LED puts either a colored dot on your home screen OR it can actually put the icon of the app on your home screen, if you have it set to do so. It's a pretty cool app. I don't need a colored LED or a certain ringer to tell me what notification(s) I have received.

This just started to happen for me. When th ringer and text no longer sounds, I am not able to play music as well. When trying to play a music file it say something to th ffct that the device doesn't recognize this file type. A reboot restores all sounds.

You may need to try what I told mallorca70 as well.

Personally, I reset my phone once, then it happened again. Reset my phone again, and it happened again. Rather than resetting my phone a 3rd time, I uninstalled all apps I installed and, what do you know, the problem went away. So now I'm just trying to figure out which APP was the issue, since I now know it's not my phone.

cobaltgirl87

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
What does no led do?

How are you customizing your LED color? i've been looking for something to do this....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty