Motorola Photon 4G Photos and Screenshots

thatguitarguy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There are some effects like black and white, sepia, solarize, negative, etc. If you want vivid or saturation I would use an app like vignette or something. I can't find panorama either. Once again, epic 4g is better.

I still prefer this phone though.

It was also overcast in the picture I posted.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Photos Taken With the Motorola Photon 4G

20110801154114830.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

This was a quick shot i took upon returning to my car after swapping my Evo 3D out for the photon... I will post more and better ones later.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Here are a few more of the roses in my front yard (These are all done with stock settings)

20110802141232581.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

here is one in macro mode

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those pics look excellent- far better than the EVO3D, much more colorful and natural. I got the EVO3D and am very jealous. i would have tried the 3D and waited for the Photon but I already anticipated the pentile screen issue since I easily see the pixels on the Atrix and Droid X2.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Those pics look excellent- far better than the EVO3D, much more colorful and natural. I got the EVO3D and am very jealous. i would have tried the 3D and waited for the Photon but I already anticipated the pentile screen issue since I easily see the pixels on the Atrix and Droid X2.

Thanks man.. I also had the Evo 3D since its Launch... I had to many problems with that phone so I returned it and got the Photon.. Right away I noticed that the screen wasn't as sharp and crisp as the 3D put I promise you man after a few days of owning it you dont even notice it anymore... Plus this phone In my opinion is superior to the 3D in every way other than the screen Sharpness. this phone just performs very well and just "feels right" to me. I promise you man if you can get passed the screen you will love this beast of a phone!!

TheM8rix

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

The camera in a couple of the early reviews looks pretty sharp. Is there a way to bump up the saturation so the colors are more lively?
After you've taken the shot, you can go to the image in your gallery, then menu, then advanced edit. There you can do several different types of edit, including "enhancing" "color" "brightness/contrast," add effects, etc...the usual fair. No need for additional marketware.

uilleann

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

I've found the camera to leave a bit to be desired - even for a phone camera setup. I'm not duped by the megapixel claims (higher is certainly not always better!) - but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of an aftermarket app or some sort of software or firmware update that might improve the camera as it ships from Motorola? Some of the issues I'm seeing (this is all compared to my recently retired Blackberry Bold 9700 camera mind you) are:
*Its very laggy from button push to image capture.
*Low light and night shots are abysmally poor quality/high noise.
*Color saturation feels strange (hard to define) but both tint and overall saturation don't generally feel very true to subject.
*Macro doesn't get nearly as close and remain in focus as the Bold did.

Now, I know this is "just a phone"...and what do you expect and all that. But there are phones out there with far superior performance from the same pinhole sized lenses. I also understand that there is a very complex operation going on between ambient light, the particular lens elements used, photographic sensor, processor, and program software. Hence my wondering if something better on the software side might help to improve things with an otherwise amazing phone. In terms of mobile devices and their cameras, I know the iPhone is blessed with quite a nice little shooter, as are some of the other better smartphones on the market currently.

Any thoughts or guesses? Cheers! :)

k425

May 21, 2010
Visit site

Here are some I took this morning while trying out the camera... stock camera app, no post-processing other than re-sizing to half of the original size for uploading to this forum.

Overall I think the camera on the Photon is pretty good and the video camera is outstanding!! :cool:

-

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

After you've taken the shot, you can go to the image in your gallery, then menu, then advanced edit. There you can do several different types of edit, including "enhancing" "color" "brightness/contrast," add effects, etc...the usual fair. No need for additional marketware.
My EVO 4G took very good pics. The EVO 3G and Photon, not so good. I don't want to have to go in and "enhance" what should be a decent pic out the box.

I've found the camera to leave a bit to be desired - even for a phone camera setup. I'm not duped by the megapixel claims (higher is certainly not always better!) - but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of an aftermarket app or some sort of software or firmware update that might improve the camera as it ships from Motorola? Some of the issues I'm seeing (this is all compared to my recently retired Blackberry Bold 9700 camera mind you) are:
*Its very laggy from button push to image capture.
*Low light and night shots are abysmally poor quality/high noise.
*Color saturation feels strange (hard to define) but both tint and overall saturation don't generally feel very true to subject.
*Macro doesn't get nearly as close and remain in focus as the Bold did.

Now, I know this is "just a phone"...and what do you expect and all that. But there are phones out there with far superior performance from the same pinhole sized lenses. I also understand that there is a very complex operation going on between ambient light, the particular lens elements used, photographic sensor, processor, and program software. Hence my wondering if something better on the software side might help to improve things with an otherwise amazing phone. In terms of mobile devices and their cameras, I know the iPhone is blessed with quite a nice little shooter, as are some of the other better smartphones on the market currently.

Any thoughts or guesses? Cheers! :)

I recently started using Vignette from the market. There's a demo version. I used the demo for less than 3 min and knew it was the right app to have for my needs. Another good one is supposed to be Camera Zoom FX but it didn't have a demo/trial version. Although you can request a refund within 15 min of purchase- I'm not getting any younger and want as few complications in my life as possible. :D

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I wasn't to impressed with the pic quality from the Evo 3D and I was especially let down by the "720p" video that it took.. With the Photon I am very happy with how the photos come out and Im very impressed with the video recording on this phone also.. Even takes excellent night videos..

TheM8rix

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

My EVO 4G took very good pics. The EVO 3G and Photon, not so good. I don't want to have to go in and "enhance" what should be a decent pic out the box.

I recently started using Vignette from the market. There's a demo version. I used the demo for less than 3 min and knew it was the right app to have for my needs. Another good one is supposed to be Camera Zoom FX but it didn't have a demo/trial version. Although you can request a refund within 15 min of purchase- I'm not getting any younger and want as few complications in my life as possible. :D
Bad pics just haven't been my experience on the Photon. I'm a professional photographer, so while I don't expect a phone to operate like a Canon, I am more than satisfied with the results so far. I haven't had to use any editing features at all after a shot, other than resizing or cropping. Sorry your unit isn't giving you the same results. :(

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

Few car pics.

This one is against the sun, so lightning isnt too good.

13631d1313276342-photos-taken-motorola-photon-4g-2011-08-12_18-09-23_748.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez