Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks) (part II)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It probably is. The payment on the phone was something like $25. I say probably because I haven't paid attention to my bill. The full amount with other charges has been what it should be so I just haven't looked at my bill very much since I upgraded.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ah okay. Yeah it must be that before phone payment because unlimited talk text and data is not 65 a month for Sprint. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah okay. Yeah it must be that before phone payment because unlimited talk text and data is not 65 a month for Sprint. :)

$65 a month is what they advertise.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
$65 a month is what they advertise.

Yes for the One up... But that's before taxes so right there you pay more than 65 and then include the phone payment of $20 or more (usually)... Means instantly it's more money as I said previously :).

And they advertise it as a discount ... Once your phone is paid off the $15 off goes away so once again paying more. (see below)

That's why like I said.. I pay less for T-Mobile and get better service in Jacksonville... So... As I said it's your opinion that it's the best value in Florida. Sprint for me was 92 after taxes... T-Mobile is 70 (with discount I have for the next year).. After discount it will be 81 after taxes. Still savings for my needs.

Attachments

• 1388667512742.jpg
    1388667512742.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 15

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes for the One up... But that's before taxes so right there you pay more than 65 and then include the phone payment of $20 or more (usually)... Means instantly it's more money as I said previously :).

And they advertise it as a discount ... Once your phone is paid off the $15 off goes away so once again paying more. (see below)

That's why like I said.. I pay less for T-Mobile and get better service in Jacksonville... So... As I said it's your opinion that it's the best value in Florida. Sprint for me was 92 after taxes... T-Mobile is 70 (with discount I have for the next year).. After discount it will be 81 after taxes. Still savings for my needs.

Yep, I was wrong, I gotta call them because I just paid my bill & since we were talking about it I checked the details, I'm still paying more than what I was told. Anyway, for a top of the line phone it's not a bad deal. I'm just not going to switch from Sprint, I have been with this company for 15 or 20 years & I haven't seen a better deal out there all of the other companies are still more expensive with some of there services & phones & data or extra charges somewhere.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't mention that before I upgraded my bill was over $120 a month.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint just like any other carrier has dead spots, even in N. E. Florida. I was not offended I just don't like people stateing opinion as facts. Overall Sprint is the best carrier in Florida due to there prices and over all service and prices for those services. All of the other carriers are a lot more expensive. Sprint service needs to be improved all over the state, but the only cell service less expensive than all of the carriers are the prepaid carriers, but only after you buy the phone @ full price and then you can only get old tech phones from what I have seen. Maybe I misunderstood your orginal post if I did then I apologize, but it read like you were stating your opinion as a fact. I have talked to a lot of people that like other carriers better, but they pay more. IMO, it's not worth paying more, I just live with the dead spots.

my guess is that you've been with Nextel/Sprint so long that you have no idea how bad you've got it. you have no idea what you're missing.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
By the way I was shopping other carriers over Chirstmas for a phone & services as a gift.

freeze26

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had my GN3 for about a month now and the only reason I stayed with Sprint is right before my upgrade my area started receiving LTE the tower is about 10 mins for my house and work so for me it's was no question asked it also helps that I get the employee discount

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
OK. I know this doesn't have much to do with the OP's original post, but there seems to be some confusion about Sprint's unlimited plans. There are two: Unlimited, My Way and My All-In. Both have unlimited talk, text and data, and they're guaranteed for life. Unlimited, My Way is $65/month for one phone. It's flexible, so you can add up to 10 phones (progressively discounted). The My All-In is $110/month and includes 5GB hotspot. The One Up program, which must be coupled with either plan, allows you to upgrade your device every year or keep your device for the length of the service contract. Under the One Up program, you only pay the tax on the retail price of the device (there is no down payment) and the retail price is divided into the 24 monthly payments of the service contract. You must "trade" you old device for the new one if you upgrade before the 24-month contract period. You also get a $15 credit each month. I have the My All-In plan and the One Up program. With the monthly credit, I pay approximately $20 per month less than I did with the Simply Everything plan plus 2GB hotspot. As far as my service, I find it to be great in most areas of Chicago and suburbs.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK. I know this doesn't have much to do with the OP's original post, but there seems to be some confusion about Sprint's unlimited plans. There are two: Unlimited, My Way and My All-In. Both have unlimited talk, text and data, and they're guaranteed for life. Unlimited, My Way is $65/month for one phone. It's flexible, so you can add up to 10 phones (progressively discounted). The My All-In is $110/month and includes 5GB hotspot. The One Up program, which must be coupled with either plan, allows you to upgrade your device every year or keep your device for the length of the service contract. Under the One Up program, you only pay the tax on the retail price of the device (there is no down payment) and the retail price is divided into the 24 monthly payments of the service contract. You must "trade" you old device for the new one if you upgrade before the 24-month contract period. You also get a $15 credit each month. I have the My All-In plan and the One Up program. With the monthly credit, I pay approximately $20 per month less than I did with the Simply Everything plan plus 2GB hotspot. As far as my service, I find it to be great in most areas of Chicago and suburbs.

Incorrect. The unlimited my way is 80 a month.

It is only 65 a month if you use the Sprint One Up program. That is the ONLY time it's 65 a month... And after you pay the phone off the 15 is added back on... So 65+15 = 80 once again. Please read the site again....

1st screenshot the plan by itself (contract with no One Up program)

2nd screenshot is the price if you use One Up... And it stating once the phone is paid off the 15 is added back on so the price goes back to the 1st screenshot.

Attachments

• 1388713373352.jpg
    1388713373352.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 1388713381027.jpg
    1388713381027.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 9

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you take advantage of the One Up program and upgrade your device in a year, the installments on the new device start. I was told that you will still receive the monthly discount for the duration of the installments on the new device. They installments are spread over a two-year period, but you are free to opt for the One Up program every year.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you take advantage of the One Up program and upgrade your device in a year, the installments on the new device start. I was told that you will still receive the monthly discount for the duration of the installments on the new device. They installments are spread over a two-year period, but you are free to opt for the One Up program every year.

Yeah I know.. My carrier invented that trick :) except we can do it every 6 months if we take advantage of the JUMP program.... But anyway others were saying by default it's cheaper and it isn't.

Also the reason we even talked about this is someone said they don't like people spreading lies that Sprint isn't the best value in Florida... Whereas I came in to say that's HIS opinion and explained why for me and my needs T-Mobile was a better value than Sprint. I buy my phones full.. So.. The discount wouldn't apply and so therefore T-Mobile is the cheapest. Also with T-Mobile I am getting better data in Jacksonville than I was with Sprint.. So therefore even more value.

I was basically pointing out him trying to call his opinion fact when he doesn't live everywhere in FL and also his needs aren't everyone's so he can't make a true statement that it is the best value of all carriers because... That is not the case for everyone.

Last edited:

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Since some fools messed up my other thread, let's start a new thread!

From the old one:

This is from today, look at the 4G LTE signal bars, yet the internet still wouldn't load, on the bottom of the screen, the "Please check your internet connection and try again." message popped up and I caught it just in time.

View attachment 97404

And if you think Facebook was down and has nothing to do with Sprint, leave this thread (and the world of technology) forever!

I HATE YOU SPRINT :(

The signal bars do not represent the LTE signal strength

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep.. It did change but it was 4.3.

Why does my signal strength now only show one bar instead of 3 or 4 like before?

Answer: Android 4.3 now represents your data signal instead of the voice signal like in 4.1.2. Actual signal strength has reported not to have been changed with the new radio. YMMV

Taken from : http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...one-android-4-3-update-discussion-thread.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non