Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Another change I see is in the notification panel there is a "reading mode" feature that can be turned on/off.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Another change I see is in the notification panel there is a "reading mode" feature that can be turned on/off.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

Yea... That one replaced the Mobile data toggle. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

msfan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
OK, I wasn't doubting that you couldn't bring it up, but maybe it only works on a computer?
Wish I knew why copying and pasting images is so problematic on my S4. No problems with text.

Posted via Android Central App

It probably has to do with your Facebook privacy settings. If you have the image set to Friends only (or 'Friends of Friends' or Custom) we won't be able to view it. I'm not suggesting you change your settings, just trying to offer an explanation for why we can't view it and you can.

Grey_girl

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Still no update. UGH. Don't know if I want to force the update though. I seem to remember reading that clearing the framework data louses something up?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Still no update. UGH. Don't know if I want to force the update though. I seem to remember reading that clearing the framework data louses something up?

I cleared data from Google services, than disabled it. Restarted the phone, enabled Google services checked for firmware update and voil?!
There it was! 👍😃

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
There's an article out that shows that stopping that service causes many issues in the backend

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
There's an article out that shows that stopping that service causes many issues in the backend

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Link please!
Not just me, many others have done this and fortunately haven't experienced problems, or any major problems at least.
*Knocks on wood*

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Link please!
Not just me, many others have done this and fortunately haven't experienced problems, or any major problems at least.
*Knocks on wood*

I actually lost notifications by doing this and still got no update after a million times so I just reset then side loaded it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually lost notifications by doing this and still got no update after a million times so I just reset then side loaded it.

Oh yea! You got it from that site that someone posted here.

I didn't know you had lost notifications. All of them or just for certain things?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh yea! You got it from that site that someone posted here.

I didn't know you had lost notifications. All of them or just for certain things?

Yea, for everything I just wouldn't be notified of anything unless I opened the app :(

Jesus Pantaleon

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I see the 3G icon is also different and bigger. :D

And now there's a "Reading Mode" instead of the mobile data toggle. :banghead:

So I have the new mk3 update with knox boot loader ( sucks ***) so I can't root so far and i don't even have a windows pc to use if possible, so i decided to look at the other side and accept the update with a grim mood lol .. anyways how did you get the GS4 style for the weather widget? I like that one but i haven't seen it anywhere.

styx_phoenix

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Link please!
*Knocks on wood*

Google Engineer Dan Morrill Sheds Some Light On The Nexus OTA Process, Urges You To Never Clear Google Service Framework Data

I did this with the MK2 update to 4.3 and while I did successfully force the update on my GS4, my devices in Google Play show two GS4's, one last used on the day I cleared the framework and the other first used on the same day. So at the very least, it makes Google Play believe you now have a new device because it affects the device ID stored behind-the-scenes. It sounds like it can cause problems with individual apps too. Thankfully I didn't do that on my Nexus 7 and instead just side loaded the KitKat update.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have the new mk3 update with knox boot loader ( sucks ***) so I can't root so far and i don't even have a windows pc to use if possible, so i decided to look at the other side and accept the update with a grim mood lol .. anyways how did you get the GS4 style for the weather widget? I like that one but i haven't seen it anywhere.

I not sure I understand...:what:
I have a Galaxy S4, that's why the weather widget is what it is.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Google Engineer Dan Morrill Sheds Some Light On The Nexus OTA Process, Urges You To Never Clear Google Service Framework Data

I did this with the MK2 update to 4.3 and while I did successfully force the update on my GS4, my devices in Google Play show two GS4's, one last used on the day I cleared the framework and the other first used on the same day. So at the very least, it makes Google Play believe you now have a new device because it affects the device ID stored behind-the-scenes. It sounds like it can cause problems with individual apps too. Thankfully I didn't do that on my Nexus 7 and instead just side loaded the KitKat update.

Thanks! I had no idea about this. I haven't checked Google play on my computer, I supposed that's where I'll find out of it shows 2 GS4 phones?
I'm going to check that this weekend.

styx_phoenix

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I had no idea about this. I haven't checked Google play on my computer, I supposed that's where I'll find out of it shows 2 GS4 phones?
I'm going to check that this weekend.

No problem! And yes, if you log into your Google Play account on a computer (or just via web browser instead of the app) and you go over to the upper right you will see a drop down menu that has them listed. It isn't named very intuitively, I just can't remember what it is referred to as in that menu.😀

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
No problem! And yes, if you log into your Google Play account on a computer (or just via web browser instead of the app) and you go over to the upper right you will see a drop down menu that has them listed. It isn't named very intuitively, I just can't remember what it is referred to as in that menu.😀

Good deal, I'll check it tomorrow. 👍😃

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I checked and only 2 devices are there; my GS4 and my Galaxy Tab 3. So I'm good. 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa