My thoughts on the Oct. 7th annoucement

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is scheduled to make an announcement concerning their network on October 7th. There have been rumors stating that Sprint will use EVDO Rev. B, and/or the 800MHz spectrum for better coverage.

However, I have this sinking feeling the news regarding their network isn't going to be good.

With all the recent policy changes, (Sprint capping Hotspot users, dropping their Premiere plans, reducing the return window for new phones from 30 days to 14, upping their activation, termination, and administrative fees, it's my fear that Sprint is going to be dropping their unlimited data plans all together.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but there's so much that's happened with Sprint in the last 30 days I can't help but feel the news they're going to relay is going to be anything but good.

What are your thoughts?

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Personally, and maybe this is me being an optimist, I feel that these changes are being made to save unlimited data, at least for the time being. I think Sprint has put so much money into telling everyone about their unlimited data that they cannot afford to make that change now, especially with the possibility of getting the iPhone. Sprint has to do whatever it can to add customers, and an iPhone with unlimited data could be just what it needs. Sprint is trying to save money and capacity wherever it can, and my hope is that these changes are designed to allow them to continue to be the only provider with unlimited data. We will have to wait and see.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the news will be network related either I think that they are going you announce that they are getting the iPhone 4s and release an echo 2 with 3 screens. If they do decide to talk about the network they are going to talk about Rev b only no lte and probably going to announce that they are ditching clear wire. I'm not trolling. I've been a sprint customer for 7 years. I would love to see sprint succeed but they have been making alot of bad moves lately. Anything can happen.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I think you are correct. This will be all about unlimited data and the iPhone (iPad maybe?). They will talk about the Network Vision and increasing service, capacity, speeds, the usual stuff. I think it will be a "lovefest" for Apple to try and draw more customers, "Come get Sprint's iPhone with unlimited data, instead of everyone else's iPhone," or something like that. You probably won't hear much mention of any of the policy changes, as this is most likely geared towards new customers, who don't pay attention to changes that happened before they signed up.

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife really wants an iPhone (what can I say, she's not a big techie and gets annoyed with me playing with her phone), so I was wondering if anyone thinks sprint may do what at&t did a few years back and let anyone, regardless of their upgrade date, get a new iPhone. I know the odds probably aren't that great, but I think if they're going to launch the iPhone that would be a great way for apple to get a bunch of people to switch to it.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Sprint better do something. I'm still pissed that they changed my roaming terms which means no unlimited roaming. Get better coverage then.