Trying to get my old number back.

hearture36

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I canceled my sprint account last month while they were letting you do it for free, and I pre ordered an iphone (only to sell, my EVO will still be number 1). I transferred my old number over to google voice. I thought it would just become a regular google voice number but ever since I haven't been able to use it. Well tonight I activated my EVO on my new phone number with sprint (even though I don't have the iphone yet) and I was hopping someone here would be able to help me get my old number back. Sprint made me get a new number when I signed up to get the iphone. I asked them if I could get my old number back but they said that since it was a sprint number that I couldn't transfer it over to my new account. I want to just make my old number a solid google voice number and I'll just be happy with it that way, problem is they want to verify my phone when I try and port it over, and when they call my old number it doesn't go to any phone.

By the way I already saw atom's post below mine but like blackhawk mentioned, I integrated my old number into google voice instead of the way he said which was to not integrate it.

Last edited:

Mistik

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You can call in to do a number reservation. If the old number is not used again they usually can get it back, bare a few market issues etc

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeneralCaveman216