Switching to Sprint...which phone?

jb12780

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I will be converting from VZW to Sprint at the beginning of the year, and which phone is the best Sprint smartphone ATM: 3D, Galaxy S2, or Photon?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I will be converting from VZW to Sprint at the beginning of the year, and which phone is the best Sprint smartphone ATM: 3D, Galaxy S2, or Photon?

We can't really say which is the best for you but personally I'm very happy with my Photon. For my battery usage (moderate to heavy), it lasts a long time between charges.

jb12780

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
That's what I think its coming down to. The last samsung phone I had was not a great experience, but I have been hearing mixed reviews about the Photon.

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
There is no 'best' as they all have some things that they do better than others. What I really like about the Photon above the other high-end phones is the better battery life and the better radio.

Sent from my Motorola Photon
using Tapatalk

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the Photon 4G and i am loving it. I did have a bit better battery on my Evo 3D for the breif 2 weeks i had it. But over all the Photon just has a more solid feel to it. Plus i use the kickstand alot for netflix

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay, let me re-phrase. The SGSII has the best screen and the best performance, hands down. I personally don't worry top much about battery life, I just get a backup. I find the radio differences to only affect people who are in crappy coverage ares.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree, there is no "best". Best is assuming that everyone has the same wants/needs.

GS2 if you want the fastest phone, biggest screen and thinnest body with super saturated colors
3D if you want high res and 3D pics/video, thick/ heavy however
Photon if you want call quality/world phone and high res display

Welcome to Sprint. Enjoy your unlimited data.

Reactions: crzycrkr

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Well its looking like the GS2 then. Unless they pull a Verizon and release 6 different phones in the span of two weeks.

Once again though, don't make your decision based on what the majority here said. All of us (including me) here gave our opinions on certain phones. As VickMackey said, best is assuming everyone here has the same wants/needs.

Have you gone to a store and played with the phones?

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I would get the phone with currently the highest resale value, that way if you don't like it you can sell and probably buy something cash you'd prefer.

For instance, I would buy a 4s and if I hated it, sell it for those insane prices I see on craigslist or ebay and then use the profit to get something else.

Alot of android phones are around $150- $200 right now NIB on craigslist... just a thought.

jb12780

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Once again though, don't make your decision based on what the majority here said. All of us (including me) here gave our opinions on certain phones. As VickMackey said, best is assuming everyone here has the same wants/needs.

Have you gone to a store and played with the phones?

I have not, but I've done a lot of research and reading. We can't switch until the contract on my phone with VZW is up, which is 1/2. My dad said he is also going to give VZW an ultimatum, so maybe they will make him an offer he can't refuse (In that scenario I'm getting the Nexus.) My dad said the Sprint guy in our mall is really sharp/tech-savy, so he might give me some insight, but I do wanna go there and play with all of them.

But going off of what I read and whatnot, the GS2 is number one. Things could change though

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had an EVO 4G and I currently have a EVO 3D. Out of the 2 the 3D is lots better. It has better battery life than the EVO 4G. The 3D has the better Android version and HTC sense on. With all that said out of those to phones the 3D is the better phone all the way around.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!