How's sprint coverage in SF Bay Area?

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have iphone 3g, and can early upgrade to iphone 4. But I can also terminate and get EVO, as I am getting tired of apple closedness and ATT service

but to switch to evo would be a huge commitment for it.. so first.. i am wondering how's the service in SF / Bay Area

I take the bus across the bay bridge often, or bart, and i get drop call always around treasureisland

what's the situation with sprint? any drop call? how about in the city?

Dave650

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Burlingame, also usually in South San Fran and that whole area, very good coverage for me, but I haven't ventured into the city yet

hloz89

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
personally i was a big iphone fan had my iphone 3g unlocked under tmobile for a year until i decided to move to at&t to get the 3gs, once i moved that was the biggest regret the bill was to high for just a few couple minutes and the data and sms pack was ridiculous and on top of that had no service in my area and i live next to downtown sf. then i decided to move to sprint the coverage was great and the plan where 20times cheaper than at&t's and plus you get to call and receive any calls from any cell phone in america. i got the evo this weekend and it rocks. all my friends with iphones actually like it and seem to get a little jealous. the evo is the same as the iphone 4 and plus the bay area gets 4g in two to three months. something atnt wont have in a long time.

bja70

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
no problems with sprint reception in san fran or marin county. all good so far. there used to be a black out area when getting near the golden gate bridge with at&t but even that area works fine with sprint.

oddlou

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I frequent the bay area frequently (Oakland, Berkeley, SF, and San Jose) and I've had great reception with Sprint most everywhere I've gone up there.

cpark1967

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I live in the East Bay and spend a lot of time through out the bay area and have never had any trouble with voice reception or 3G service. No 4G, hopefully early next year.

2kmy477

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I also live the the city,no problem for me either.But as you mentioned,when you cross the bay bridge,especially the span,calls would dropped most of the time,my wife's Verizon phone also got dropped,otherwise,Sprint is good in the bay area.

2kmy477

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I live in the East Bay and spend a lot of time through out the bay area and have never had any trouble with voice reception or 3G service. No 4G, hopefully early next year.

I got 4G briefly in downtown San Fran.(financial district) last weekend,2 bars of 4G signal for may be half an hour and faded out,while I was connected,I did a speed test,4.1 down and 600k up.

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
so 4G seems to be coming out soon huh??

so Sprint also drops call on the bay bridge?? I think I am most interested to see if it does on the bridge? (and if it also does, does it drop as much as ATT)

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Sunnyvale, i got 4G in the Best Buy in the area...

I live in the East Bay, spend frequent amounts of time in SF and in the South Bay and I only get excellent coverage everywhere. Rarely dropped calls(but I really blame that on the Pre and its crap antenna layout), and pretty good data speeds that are reliable. I did an ATT->Sprint switch a year ago and I haven't looked back. Vastly lower bill too!

Last edited:

techiegirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I was at Great America in Santa Clara and there was very strong 4G. Then there was coverage near the Costco and Sweet Tomatoes as well as the Yahoo building in Sunnyvale.